CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

Brooke and I pulled out of her driveway, and out of her street. We had to go get Luke now, and once again, excitement and anxiousness bubbled in my stomach.

"I would have thought your friends hate Luke." Brooke said.

"They do," I laughed. "But I'm gonna show them Luke isn't that bad."

"Yeah, I don't think he is either..." Her voice trailed off. "...But his friends are."

"Well yeah, no doubt about that." I agreed. "Can you help me find his house?"

"I think its in the same complex as Nick's." Brooke replied. Oh great.

"Oh yes," I said sarcastically. "I'm so glad that we get to go there." Brooke giggled and swatted my arm.

"Who cares about NIck, right?" She said. I took my eyes off the road to glance at her, looking at me with big brown eyes. I loved her eyes a lot.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I smiled. We kept driving until I found the big and fancy complex that Nick's house was in. I actually had no idea how I knew his house was here, as I thought back to the night Brooke and I first kissed, and I had picked her up from his giant house. This place makes me sick.

"Okay, um..." Brooke's voice trailed off next to me as she looked down at my phone at the message Luke had sent me. "...Just go up that huge-ass trail, and it should be at the top of the hill. He said its a white house that's pretty much isolated from any other houses."

I nodded, and followed her instructions. I kept my mouth shut and my eyes from wondering around to the big houses that seemed to surround us at all ends. I gulped because I used to think Brooke's house was humungous. I stand corrected.

"I'm uncomfortable." I finally broke the silence, followed by a laugh. Although, it didn't sound too convincing, even to me.

"I think this is it, babe." Brooke said. I pulled my truck to a stop as I recognized Luke's escalade parked outside. I felt my eyes widen as they wandered out the window, looking at the huge mansion that belonged to Luke's family. It was probably the biggest house I've ever seen, with clean white walls, a big front window, and I could see a tennis court on the side of it. I could tell that if you were to go to the other side of it, the view off the hill would be amazing, looking over every single aspect of Las Vegas.

"Its cool." I squeaked. I heard Brooke chuckle next to me.

"Easy for you to laugh." I joked.

"Ash don't worry about it." She said, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I kissed her lips back, and asked her to call Luke. I didn't feel like talking right now.

"Of course." Brooke replied, I think she could tell I was extremely uncomfortable sitting outside Luke's house. "...Hey, we're here." she said. Her voice sounds so perfect over the phone. I've notcied that from the number of times I've called her in the morning.

My eyes darted over to Luke's house, and I saw him walk out of his grand front gate, a guitar case in his hand. We met eyes as he walked over to my car, and I waved.

"Dude this car is sick." He said as he got in the back seat. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced over to Brooke.

"Really?" I asked. I started up the old engine, and made no hesitation to get the hell out of here.

"Yes!" Luke replied. He sounded genuinely affectionate towards my hunk of junk I call my car. "Its pretty vintage, I bet if we restored it a little bit, it would look so fucking cool."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. My dad has a bunch of tools to do it. I could help you, if you'd like."