She's Back

I felt her tug at the waist band of my basketball shorts. She wrapped me in her perfectly chisled arms & tried to hold me.

"I've missed you Prynce.." She leaned in & kissed my forehead as she hugged me.

"Kyng!" I shrieked & jumped.

"It's ok Baby." she cooed, "Daddy gotchu.."a devilish grin spread across her face as she held my waist with one arm & cupped my ass cheek through my shorts with the other.

"Yo what the fuck you doing here??! Where'd you come from?" I pushed away from her baffled as to why she was in my gym locker room.

I hadn't seen Kyng in over 7 yrs...Since she left town to be with that Hollywood agent who promised to turn her into the next Young M.A....Since she left me devastated & heart broken..I had spent the first eighteen months drowning my sorrows in alcohol, pussy & xanex. I finally snapped out of my dispair when Janelle came into the picture.

She was the complete opposite of what I was attracted to in Kyng. She was soft & feminine..A girly girl...not necessarily high maintenance...rich brown complexion, natural twists, big round doe eyes and the perfect smile..

"Hittin' the bottle pretty hard arentcha?" Her voice literally shook me out my wallowing. She was sarcastic & sultry with a hint of concern.

I flinched & looked up to see her standing over me holding the
bottle of whiskey i had just about finished. My vision was blurred but she came in clear & vivid.

"What concern is it of yours?" my words slurred as they came out.

"None really." she responded before downing the last few swigs of my bottle. "Just hate to see a sexy stud muffin drinking alone." I shrugged her off as she slinked onto the barstool next to me and ordered another round.

"I'm really not in the mood for company..." I grumbled.

"Well it's a good thing I came over to talk you out of ya sour mood" she retorted before chugging her glass of henny.

Before I knew it, we had talked & drank until the bar closed. We exchanged numbers & parted ways that night, planting the seeds that would mature into our present-day happy relationship.

Yet here I was ready to melt at Kyng's touch...The woman who played & betrayed me...Who left me shattered & scarred...After all this time still excited the butterflies in my stomach. But I couldn't let her know that.

"I came back for the funeral..To show support. You know Ms. Aunjeanette was like another granny to me..'specially after Big Momma passed..-" Kyng's voice aired of care & concern.

"- And of course I came back hoping to see you," she reached out & pulled me back to her, that same sexy grin creeping across her face. Seeing her act so cavalier & callous infuriated me.

"Move around mah dude," I pressed off of her angrily as I turned to gather my belongings. Her gaudy gold chains clanked on her chest.

"Aww what's up boi boi? You ain't miss me?" she mocked my anger.

"Yo listen," I ignored her jokes, "Preciate cha comin back to show love & all that. I'm sure my mom'll be elated to see you. & that'll make ONE of us. But I'm headed to lunch with my WIFE so if you'll excuse me..." I brushed past her as I head out of the shower area.

"Your WIFE? Since when?" Her tone now aired of shock & disbelief. I kept walking as she pressed her questions.

"Prynce wait! Please?" she grabbed my wrist as if desperate not to let me walk away. I stopped & turned back to her. She looked deep into my eyes as she solemnly asks "Do you love her?"

"Yes" I answer without hesitation.

"Is it better than Us?..." she gestures back and forth in regards to our secret romance which vexed me yet again.

"Well SHE isn't ashamed to be seen with ME in public, which means I don't have to feel like someone's dirty secret so yea that definitely makes it BETTER than me & you."

With that I stormed out of the locker room and through my gymnasium to my office. I closed & locked the door behind me, listening for footsteps. I had half an hr to get changed & meet Nelli for our lunch date but I needed a minute to gather myself. My head was spinning, thoughts racing.

What was she doing here? How did she find me? Why am I so worked up? Am I wet?

As I changed into more appropriate date attire, my thoughts were bombarded with questions along with conflicting feelings.

"Breathe Nigga!" I commanded myself out loud as I looked myself over in the full length mirror.

Pleased with my appearance, I smiled & playfully popped my collar. With my confidence & composure regained I grabbed my nap sack & headed out of my office to the parking garage.

I pulled out my phone & texted Janelle to let her know I was on my way. She had texted me a few minutes before letting me know she had made it early and was waiting for me. We were in the midst of our cutesy lovey-dovey banter, sending "I love you"s and kissy faced emojis back & forth when I heard her voice.

"So it's like that now P?"

Her voice came from close by but there was an electrical issue that made it dark in the parking garage & I couldn't pinpoint her direction. I tensed up & slowed my stroll, weary of my surroundings.

"Relax kid." she came out of the darkness with her hands up & open in front of her. Her chains clanked and glittered.

"I'm not gone hurt you. You my Nigga," she held her hand out to me. I could see her big faced diamond watch glistening.

As I reluctantly shook her hand, she gripped my palm & pulled me in for a hug. This time though she kept her hands above my waist. She threw her arm around my neck.

"What's good witchu Boi Boi?" She chuckled jovially, her pearly whites shined brighter than her jewelry.

"You actually bought a gym. I see you doin big things." She lightly punched me in the chest as we walked to my 2017 Lexus. She leaned on my door as I fumbled through my pocket & quickly found my keys & unlocked my vehicle..

"Ya know I do a lil som'n." I responded with playful arrogance. I threw my back pack in the backseat & went open the driver door only to realize she was still leaning on it.

"We gotta link up P. I needa talk to you." Her voice was sincere & serious. She slid out of the way allowing me access to my driver door.

"You good G? You not dyin' on me are you?" My joking came from a place of genuine concern.

She laughed and waved it off. "Naah boi! I jus-.." her voice trailed off. " Jus need to holla at my best friend..." Her eyes pierced me. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was definitely something cryptic about her tone...

"Well I gotta dip big dawg."

"Oh yea yea..Can't keep wifey waiting." she chided.

"Shut up man. Whatchu on tomorrow? Come by mom's. I'll be there all day with the contractors." I directed her.

"Iite bet."