Chapter 17: Dinner & with Barbie

Evelyn's POV

After that torture scene, Nick brought me to our room. "Are you fine now?" He asked with concern lacing his voice. Watching Mark hurt that man felt like I was in a trauma.

"Yeah. I'll be fine" I whispered with a sigh.

"Is something wrong sweetheart? I mean.... I know that you've seen people die right in front of your eyes. And I don't think that seemed to bother you before..." He asked confused.

"Yeah, I know... I know. It's just that... that man seemed oddly familiar. Like he was my own... something I just don't remember". I said. I tried. I tried so much... to remember him but I can't. "Nick, I want remember him. I know, I know him. Just can't remember where I saw him" I said with a cry.

"Eve, just calm down. Like I told you that man was following you every day, maybe that's why he seems familiar. Don't worry too much about it" He said rubbing my arm. "But I don't like it when you're near him. That bloody old bastard called you princess. Right in front of me" He fumed as he held on to my arm tightly.

"Nick stop worrying. It was nothing" I said.

"What do you mean by it was nothing? Just forget that you even ever met him alright!?" He said with a frown.

"You don't understand babe. I think I had a close relationship with him" I said looking behind him, helpless. While he looked at me with wonder and amusement.

"What? What happened now? Nick are you listening to me?" I pushed his arms that were holding me from behind.

"Yeah yeah, I'm listening" he said, and I still looked at him suspiciously. "Hmph... You called me babe. Just caught me off guard." He said crinkling his eye that strangely looked sexy to me. Ugh! Evelyn! Back to topic!

"Uhm yeah. So, what I was telling is that I know him okay?" I told him.

"Well... Then tell me when you can recognize him. Okay?" He said mimicking me. "Now.. We should go home. Don't you think?" He said pulling my hair back so that I turn my face back at him as he kissed my lips harshly. "You're mine. Nobody else's." He said with his filled with lust and possession. But then it suddenly turned cold. "Pack everything you need. Quickly. And I'll send the men to collect the bags. Now go. I have some work to do and I shall drop you home first" He said hitting my butt cheek a bit hardly as I turned back to find him with a smirk. I glared and got up rubbing where he hit.

"Don't pout babe or we'll have to-" I pressed my hand to his mouth.

"Stop throwing sexual comments at your wife Mr. Perkins!" And he looked at me amused. Ugh!

***

After few more minutes we left to our new house. Well I'm excited to see this one which Nick says was specially designed for his wife. Well then....

"Nick?" I called out when I saw him frowning at his phone.

"What?!" He snapped at me. What!

"Nothing!" I said looking out of the window again. Every time we sit in a car this happens.

And what in the fu*king hell was wrong with me that I called out for him to ask if everything was fine. Why was I suddenly interested to know if everything was alright?! Well who the Fu*ck cares if it was alright with him or not. One minute he's the world's best husband the next he's like the abusive type. And the very next moment he looks like a sex god.

So, I'm either happy then angry and frustrated or wet with sexual frustration!

Soon enough, we were in front of a huge black gate as a security guard came out but quickly operated the remote to open the gate as he looked at Nick.