CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

HERE YOU GO! THE FUCKING CHAPTER YOU ALL WAITED FOR!

(Lea's Pov)

New years eve. December 31st. It was supposed to be a joyous day. A day people would be celebrating as they were entering a new year. It would be a day people make revolutions, whether it be cutting out junk food from their lives, or simple things like spending more time with their families.

It was a fresh start.

Some people spent the day partying wildly, while others would spend it with their family doing small things like fireworks or watching TV programs. Nevertheless, it was a happy day.

Well, it was supposed to be.

This year, I found myself dreading to face it. Because on this very day, it was Janice and Eric's wedding day.

Once again.

But this time, it hurt even more. My heart ached as I thought back to three days ago. The day I told Eric my still standing feelings for him. I loved him. I confessed to him, and I would have thought he would break things off. Because...he loved me too.

Maybe a confession of his own feelings.

Yet, I was wrong. So wrong.

I felt more and more like a fool as days went passed. When I tried catching his eyes, he never glanced my way. It hurt me. It hurt me to know Eric couldn't even do as little as look at me. However, I had to be imagining things when I felt his eyes on me. Because when I looked up, his eyes were never on me.

And to make things worse, Janice didn't hesitate to show any intimacy with him. It was as if she was proving a point to me. That he loved her and not me. But she shouldn't dare worry. I got the message clear. Real clear.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair.

"Mommy! Can you please zip up my dress?" Sophia's voice asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I mustered up a small smile, nodding as I gestured her to turn around. Bending down slightly, I zipped up the small zip on the back of her thrilly, light pink dress.

"Thank you," She smiled up at me. I returned it, fixing up her two pigtails.

"Where's your brother?" I softly asked her, clearing my throat afterwards.

"I think he's still changing and I bet you, mommy, he's having trouble dressing - but you know him. Too man to admit it." She rolled her eyes. I chuckled, gently pinching her soft cheeks. A squeal left her lips and she placed a hand over it. A giggle following.

"Aren't you going to get ready?" She asked with a small pout. I pursed my lips, my own eyes skimming over my clothing. I was dressed in sweats and a jumper, wearing plain black socks. You couldn't blame me. Over the past three days, I would find myself continuously throwing up.

Certain foods didn't sit well with my appetite and I'd find myself taking numerous amount of trips to to the toilet. I found myself frowning as I thought about it. I hadn't felt this way for a long time...not since I was pregnant with Sophia and Drew.

A gasp left my lips as my eyes widened in realization.

"No," I whispered to myself, shaking my head repeatedly.

"No...no, no - I c-can't be." I breathed.

"I can't," 

"Mommy, are you alright?" I heard Sophia ask. She was staring up at me with a confused eyes and a worried frown. Pushing my thoughts to the side for the time being, I nodded, flashing a false smile.