eight

annelise
"i was a rough sketch; you were an oil painting." - anonymous

the first task is finally upon them. annelise was even more nervous than the day of the sorting; this was a different kind of nervous though, the day of the sorting was her own fear. this one was about harry; she didn't want the  morning guy she fancies dead!

she looked at her reflection and breathed heavily. she bit her bottom lip and tilted her hair sideways. her hands grew clammy, she swallowed a large gulp.

"hurry up collins! don't wanna miss potter's funeral." pansy teased. annelise treaded towards pansy and every step she took she spoke a word.

"don't--tell--me--what--to--do--he--will--not--be--dead--afterwards--i--bet--you." she took another step closer and stuck her nose higher, above pansy head; this emphasized her point.

pansy rolled her dull eyes and stepped away from annelise.

annelise took a heavy breath in and out; she felt her hands get wetter by the second, she closed her eyes and reminded herself, "he's gonna be alright... he's gonna be alright..." this phrase repeated inside her brain. she opened her eyes, revealing her bright orbs. she reached out for the door handle and twisted it, pushing it outwards with force until she heard a loud thump sound at the other side. she quickly ran out, and swung the door closed; the individual who had just got hurt by the door was... caleb harris. annelise's heart raced and her cheeks had burned, showing a rouge colour on her cheeks. caleb's hair was different, instead of it swooping over his eye, he let his hair become swooped up into a wavy quiff that defined his whole face shape. he was sitting there, on the marble floor, his left hand massaging the spot he had just been hit and his eyes closed.

"caleb i am truly--" annelise said swooping down next to him.

"uh...no, no, i am fine... annie?" he chuckled and opened his eyes to reveal the brunette next to him. his cheeks flushed red and a charming smile, that annelise hasn't seen in a while crept up on his lips. annelise stood up, brushing off any dirt off her skirt, she reached her hand out and caleb grasped onto it, pulling himself up.

"let me see it, if it looks bad." annelise smiled and removed his hand from the bruise. her eyes widened then softened to see only a small red mark on the right side of his forehead.

"does it look horrible?" caleb hesitated.

"no, absolutely fine... just a mark that's all, but don't worry about it." annelise calmly said backing away from him.

"i knew i shouldn't of put my hair up like this." caleb sighed heavily and hunched over.

"do not say that. you look great like that caleb! i didn't even notice who you were at first, it's a great look on you... plus a mark won't hurt it will wear off in a couple days." annelise said trying to cheer him up.

"really?" he asked.

"i wouldn't lie to you." annelise smiled. caleb smiled back--fixing his posture along with a grin on his face.

"see you at the stadium then." caleb says then walks away. annelise laughs and goes down the stairs seeing draco waiting. his blond hair neatly combed, but his face was dull and it looked like he wanted to see someone badly. his grey eyes darted over to annelise and he walked towards her grabbing her hand and pulling her to the side of the common room. annelise was shocked and she nearly fell when he pulled her-- her mood automatically switching.

"let go of me." annelise squirmed from his grip and she stomped her foot on the tile.

"shut up and listen to me, 'cause you seem to be terrible at that." draco hissed and held her hand even tighter.

"i have a problem paying attention? who's the one who needs tutoring here?" annelise addressed. draco rolled his eyes at this and looked away for a split second seeing that blaise was watching them from the corner near them. draco looked back at annelise and stared at her, forgetting what he was about to say. "also, i choose not to pay attention to you." draco snapped back into reality and his eyebrow cocked up.

"is that so?" he whispered leaning into her. annelise stepped on his foot which made him yell in pain catching glares at them and a loud snort from blaise.

"cut to the point, malfoy." annelise snarled.

draco rolled his eyes once again and looked at blaise who walked away and out the door-- this removed a heavy weight from draco's shoulders making it easier to talk to annelise.

"don't forget that there is tutoring after the tournament in the library and don't even think about hanging out with those muggle-lovers before hand." draco growled letting go of annelise's hand, which was a light shade of red from how tight draco was holding it. he swaggered away not giving annelise a chance to talk back. she deeply sighed at this and walked to the tournament alone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

annelise sat down at the stands near the front where she can get a good view of harry and his opponents. it was a cloudy day and it looked like it was going to rain or snow any second, it was very chilly, but annelise could bare through it. the stands were almost full and tournament will begin in a couple minutes.

"move over!" a high-pitched voice yelled behind annelise. she rolled her eyes and knew it was pansy, she felt bad for the person she was yelling at.

"i was sitting here already, i don't see the problem there's enough space for all 5 of you." they hissed.

"fine then. you'll regret this." pansy whispered before sitting behind me. i turned around and saw a girl with faded auburn hair...

(i'm alive???? IM SORRY FOR THE LONG ASS WAIT OMG IM SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON OMG IM SO SORRY BUT HERE IS A CRAPPY FILLER CHAPTER AND IF YOU STILL ARE READING THIS BOOK PLS COMMENT DOWN I LOVE SEEING COMMENTS AND VOTES FROM YOU GUYS :)) anYWAYS HAVE A GREAT DAY DUDES!! ALSO I GOT 2K READS AND I SAID 5-7 VOTES ON THE LAST CHAPTER FOR THIS CHAPTER BUT WOWIE I GOT MORE THAN EXPECTED I LOVE YOU ALL-bee)