Jackson; Won't Give Up

"Ms Y/L/N, please take a seat next to Mr Whittemore, you two will be working on this project together." Your chemistry teacher says.

You groan internally but keep your expression calm. You stand up from your  chair and make your way towards Jackson's desk. You want to slap the smirk that forms on his face off as he watches you take a seat beside him.

"Hey." You hear him say, but you ignore him one hundred percent. You hated Jackson, but you had no idea why. Maybe it's only because he's a total dîck, or maybe it's because most of the time you find it almost impossible to ignore him.. His smile, his eyes, just him.

"You know it's kind of rude to ignore somebody when they say hello?" He leans closer and you feel your body stiffen.

"Hello Jackson." You greet without looking at him.

You already start organizing the beakers and acids on the desk; Jackson watches as you do so. You are one of the top students in chemistry and you prefer working alone, but if Jackson thinks that you are going to be doing this by yourself, he is sadly mistaken.

"Let's see," He says and you look at him momentarily before averting your eyes back to the hydrochloric acid, "If we get an A for this assignment, I will take you out on a date."

Is he serious? You can't believe he would say that, it's already obvious that you would get an A for the assignment.  You want to burst out laughing, but you refrain from drawing attention to yourself. You know that Jackson is doing this on purpose.

"Are you trying to get me to fail on purpose?" You ask, still avoiding eye contact.

Jackson let's out a playful gasp and you can see from the corner of your eye how he holds his hand against his chest.

"Why do you always play so hard to get Y/N?" He scoots closer.

"I'm not. I'm just..." You look at him and your heart beats faster at the sight of the beautiful boy next to you. "Not interested." You lie.

Yes, you hate Jackson, but that doesn't mean you don't think he is attractive. He is very attractive. And you could stare at him for hours.

Typical Jackson, he leans in closer until you can feel his breath against your ear. "I won't stop until you say yes."

You tilt your head and your eyes meet with his. "If I say yes, will you stop annoying me and let me finish this assignment?"

Jackson smirks and slightly nods his head. You sigh to yourself and resume working with on your experiment.

For a moment you turn your head to look at Jackson. A small grin finds its way to your face when you see Jackson smiling triumphantly.

Looks like you're going on a date with Jackson Whittemore.

***

thanks for reading