Theo; First Date

(1st person)

(Y/C/N - Your Crush's Name)

My mother is absolutely excited. I'm starting to think that she is more excited for this than I am. Tonight I am going on my first date. Like ever. I am beyond nervous.

"You look great." My mother compliments, a wide smile spread across her face. She really is more excited than I am.

"Thanks mom. I really need to go downstairs. He should be here any minute." I tell her before grabbing my handbag and walking down the flight of stairs.

I check my phone for the time. 6:30pm. He should be here any minute now.

...

He is taking longer than I expected. I take out my cell phone once again to check the time. 7:23pm. He is definitely late. He should've been here like an hour ago. I am starting to think that he is no longer coming.

"Where is he?" My mother asks impatiently. She is thrilled to meet the guy I have been drooling over for the past two months.

"I'm sure he's running late," I say hopefully, "I'll just text him."

I know that he isn't showing up. It hurts me and I want to curl into a ball and cry. I've wanted this for so long. I feel humiliated. I'd feel even worse if my family knew that I had been stood up.

I pick up my phone for the millionth time and search through my contacts before clicking on one of my friends' profiles. I'm just hoping my mother hadn't met him yet.

Theo.

I begin to text. 'Hi Theo. I'm sorry for the last minute request, but I really need you to come and fetch me. And wear something nice.' I click send.

Theo reads the text almost instantly, but doesn't respond. I keep my fingers crossed.

After about ten minutes or so, there is a knock on the front door. I jump up from my seat and rush towards it before unlocking and swinging it open.

I flash Theo a warm smile and he returns the kind gesture. I feel as my mother comes to stand behind me.

"You must be Y/C/N." She beams. Theo gives me a confused look, but luckily plays along.

"Yes, pleasure to meet you Mrs Y/L/N." Theo reaches out his hand for my mom to shake.

"Well we should be on our way." I say and walk out of the house holding onto Theo's arm. My mother shuts the front door as Theo and I make our way down the pathway to his car.

"Thank you so much." I sigh, still feeling heartbroken that Y/C/N stood me up.

"Want to tell me what's going on?" He raises an eyebrow. "I thought you said you were going out with Y/C/N tonight."

"I was. He didn't show up. I had to call you, because my mother was so excited and knowing that I've been stood up would hurt her more than it hurts me." I tell him truthfully. He nods his head, smiling at me sympathetically. We stay silent for a few moments and the only audible sound is wind blowing.

"Dont take this the wrong way Y/N, but I am actually happy that he didn't show." Theo says and takes a step towards me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because if he did," He cups my cheek and my heart races, "I wouldn't be able to do this." He leans closer and connects our lips. I stand there utterly shocked, but eventually move my lips against his.

I wrap my arms around his neck and he breaks the kiss. "God, I've wanted to do that for a very long time." He laughs. I let out a light giggle before locking my lips with his again.

Right now, I am actually happy that Y/C/N didn't show.

***

don't forget to click vote and leave a comment if you want, much love