❦Epilogue❦

Honestly, I'm glad I met everyone in my life. The good and the bad. The good make me thankful, the bad make me learn my lessons.

「️♔️」️

Scarlett’s POV

Today is the day. I said to myself as I look at the full length mirror in front of me, a big smile plastered on my face.

I am so nervous yet excited at the same time. After a couple of days when I was released from the hospital, Damien took me to a date, and date after date we went.

Then during a date Damien got on his knees and proposed to me as he poured his heart out to me, I was filled with tears as he brought out a red velvet box and inside it was a the most beautiful ring that I have ever seen. He asked me to marry him and I said yes, and right now the girls are preparing me for the wedding.

The dress was very beautiful; the silk was very soft, it made me feel like I was wearing a cloud.

“There, all done Luna” the girl who was fixing me said as she smiled at me, I smiled back at her as I thank her. They left me to prepare myself; I was giving myself a small pep talk as I try to calm my nerves.

“Okay, Scarlett. Today is the day, why are you getting nervous? He loves you, you love him, what’s the big deal?” I asked myself as I took several calming breaths.

“The big deal is you might or might not make a fool out of yourself by tripping while walking” Thomas said, his voice filled with amusement, he was wearing a black tuxedo that looked good on him.

I smiled sarcastically at him, “Thank you for making me more nervous than I already am” I said as I fanned myself as Thomas merely chuckled at my nervous state.

“I was just joking, you look beautiful, Luna. The King is very lucky to have you, there is nothing to be afraid of, just like you said, you love him and he loves you, no matter what embarrassing thing you do today won’t change his perspectives towards you. Okay?” that small talk he gave me some sort of comfort and it made my nervousness fade a little but it was still there.

“Thank you” I said to him, truly grateful for his help.

“You’re welcome, Luna. Now we must go, the wedding is already starting and the King must be getting anxious” that made me chuckle before I glanced back at the mirror, smiled and went with Thomas.

My arm was linked with Thomas’ as we entered the church, the guards smile at me but remained stoic as they opened the doors to the church, as soon as we came in, all eyes were focused on us, me to be specific. They are all smiling brightly while I blush profusely as my gaze focused on my soon-to-be-husband at the front of the altar who was looking at me with awe, adoration and love that made me blush even further. As soon as we reached the altar, Thomas let go of my hand as he went to his seat.

Damien gave me his dashingly attractive smile that made my knees weaken before he grabbed my arm and looped it with his.

“You look delectable” he whispered seductively against my ear and that made me shiver.

“Behave yourself” I whispered back at him, and he gave me a husky chuckle before he gave his attention to the priest.

The priest cleared his throat for everybody’s attention, “Dearly beloved, we are all here today to witness the marriage of our beloved King and Queen, King Damien and Queen Scarlett” I smiled at Damien and he also smiled back.

Damien looked at me as he recited his vows, “Scarlett, the love of my life, the light in my darkness, the jewel inside the caves of my heart. From the first time that I saw, I knew that I could see my life with you, I couldn’t keep my hands and eyes off of you,” that made me blush and Damien smirked at me before he continued, “You are a strong, beautiful, gorgeous, smart, loving, caring woman, no words could describe your personality, no number can define how amazing you are, I always thought of this day to happen and I am glad that it did, mostly because you are here with me. I love you Scarlett, and love shall I give you forever” he said with so much emotion that I held back the tears of joy that were forming.

Even the people are awed by his vows, “Damien, my knight in shining armor, the spectacle in my eyes. I hope you want to stay for a long time because my heart only pounds for you; you are my heart, my home. You are the first thing that I think when I awake and you are the last thing that I think when I got to sleep. Life was hard for me, but you came and made it easier, you are my salvation, my savior and no doubt, my husband” I said with as much adoration and love. I looked up to see Damien who is sporting a very big grin on his face as he looks at me with pure, raw love.

“Then, may you announce these words to proclaim your love to each other” the priest says as he gives us the rings,

“This ring symbolizes the love that you have for each other, but your love for each other already lies deep within your heart, now, repeat after me”

“With this ring, I give you my heart, I promise that this day forward, you will never walk alone; my heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home” Damien slipped the ring in my left index finger.

“With this ring, I give you my heart, I promise that this day forward, you will never walk alone; my heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home” I said back as I also slipped the ring inside his left index finger.

And together we chorused, “You are not just my friend, you are my love. You are not just my love, you are my heart. You are not just my heart, you are my life.  You are not just my life, you are my everything. And I will love you, nothing will ever separate us, not even death will part us apart. I love you” all of the people watching cheered for us as Damien and I look into each other’s eyes, both filled with so much love, love that will never fade away.

“Then I pronounce you, husband and wife. King and Queen, you may kiss the bride” and kiss we did.

THE END.