Chapter 41: Let it burn

Saira's P.O.V

I just couldn't be angry with Iroh, so I forgave him.

We stepped into the car when we gave farewells to my team.

"I hope you know that these girls aren't enjoying their profession, Iroh."

He looked at me carefully.

"I still don't want you spend time with them."

"Iroh they are being forced to. They got fake promises and we're sold to brothels here in Republic City. Imagine that happened to Medora. Would you keep quiet?"

"Don't interfere Medora in this."

"Why not Iroh? Don't you think that those girls had families too? We need to help them Iroh."

I said, putting a hand of mine on his thigh.

"What is that?"

Iroh looked out of the car. I was about slap him because I thought he was changing the topic. But he wasn't. I looked out as well and saw smoke in the air. I knew what it meant.

"It's a deja vu."

"A what?"

"I have a feeling that this happened before. I had a nightmare about this."

"Whatever it is, we need to help!"

I nodded ands stepped out of the car at the same time as Iroh.

"I will go inside and look if someone needs to be rescued! You will look outside!"

Before I could say anything, he was gone.

"Help me! Help me please!", I heard a little girl cry. I rushed immediately to her, seeing her surrounded by four men. The little girl seemed to be around six years old. Behind her, a house was burning and I could hear screams coming out. Iroh ran inside to look for people. I was alone. With four men wanting to kill a little girl, how I interpreted it.

"Hey you! Yes I'm talking to you bitches!", I yelled, getting their attention. I stepped nearer:"Why don't you fight someone who has a chance against you gorillas?"

Now I got their full attention. Great. What am I going to do? I could not identify their faces since they were wearing masks. But I noticed a small logo on their upper arms. It was the Agni Kai Triad.

"What are you afraid of? Can't you defeat a single woman? How embarrassing!"

I could see the aggression in their eyes. They slowly started moving towards me, as if they were shy animals. Good. If they played the prey, I had to play the hunter. I shot a fireball in the first prey's way, burning half of his hip. The next one got hit on the shoulder.

"Aw is that all you can do? I thought your were stronger than this!"

Before I could notice, I was punched in the face. It was as if I was in the universe, it was dark and I could only see stars. Then I suddenly heard steps next to me and kicked the person who was about to attack me.
After a few minutes after travelling to an other galaxy, I got my sight back and saw the three other men approaching me. Three against one, that was not fair.
I made a fire tornado and ran towards the little girl to protect her, when I heard screams suddenly. But it was not the six year old, it were the men. I let my fire rest and saw Iroh, fighting those morons. He was busy with two of them. I didn't notice that one of them was coming nearer to me, since I was busy with the little girl, calming her down.
Suddenly I felt my hair getting pulled backwards.

"Still that confident, bitch?", the man asked and crashed my head to the ground.

"Fuck you!", I yelled, grabbing a stone and crashed it on his toes. He immediately let go of me, kicking my face. It hurt as hell but this was totally worth it. I heard cries behind me.

"Hey! Hey! Shhhh. Stop crying. Everything is going to be okay! Don't worry honey. I'm here to protect you."

She nodded, wiping her tears away.

Iroh was also finished with those traitors. He approached us, making sure that we were okay.
Mentally I saw his head getting cut off and rolling in front of my feet. No, not this time.

He smiled:"Are you okay lad-"

"Behind you!", I screamed.

Iroh turned around at the right time and punched the criminal's face, then his rip and then his leg, just the way it was taught in military.
I held the little girl in my arms because on one side, I wanted to protect her and on the other side, I was afraid as hell. The house stopped burning, thanks to Iroh.

"Was there someone inside the house?"

"I'm not sure, I heard you were in trouble so I helped you first."

"My mama and papa were inside."

Iroh and I looked at the little girl, completely forgetting her existence.

"Asami? Asami!", we heard a male voice cry.

We turned around to see a devastated Hiroshi Sato. How couldn't I notice? This girl was Asami Sato.

"Mr. Sato-"

"Don't touch her! Don't touch my daughter!", Hiroshi cut off Iroh.

"We are here to help you, Mr. Sato. Not to harm you."

"You bender destroyed my mansion!"

"Where is Yasuko?", I asked curiously. Yasuko Sato was a good friend of my mother.
Hiroshi freezed.

"Yasuko..."

"Maybe she is still in the mansion.", I suggested.

"We will look for her. You and Asami will stay here, Saira. Heal your wounds and calm down Asami."

I simply nodded.

Iroh's P.O.V

Mr. Sato and I stepped into the damaged mansion.

"Do you have any idea why the Agni Kai Triad attacked you?"

"No. I haven't done anything. Yasuko didn't do anything and Asami isn't able to harm anyone."

We looked in the whole mansion for Mrs Sato, but couldn't find her. As we reached the bedroom, she was found.
But not how I expected her. No.

"Yasuko! Yasuko darling! Talk to me! Yasuko!"

I looked at the lady. A knife was stabbed in her chest and half of her face was burned. Her eyes were open but there wasn't any life in her eyes. It faded. Blood was running down her forehead. And next to me, Hiroshi was crying. I put one hand on his shoulder.

"Mr. Sato, we need to inform the police."

"We have to take her with us!"

"No Mr. Sato. The police needs to do investigations. You are not allowed to touch her."

"She is my wife! I have to take her with me!"

"To do what? To scare your daughter Asami to death? Do you want her to see her mother like this? Mr. Sato, it's more important to think about your daughter right now. She is your first priority."

Hiroshi cried harder and I helped him to get up. We got out of the house and we saw Saira cleaning Asami and calming the little girl down. As she saw us, hope was sparkling in her eyes, but it faded when I shook my head.

"Papa, where is mama?"

We looked at Mr. Sato and waited for his answer.

"Mama is at a better place now, my sweetheart."