Eight.

"Lets a go!"

Hatter let out a cackle, lunging forward and kicking one of the wretched wolf like creatures in the stomach, sending it flying back into a tree with a whine.
Stark just shrugged and with a smirk fired up his repulsors, however instead of having the usual blue beam, from his right came whips of fire and his left and Wisps of water.

The others all stared in shock and amazement as Tony just shrugged before launching into battle by Madeleine's side.
Nat was then next, cocking her gun and shooting at one of the creatures to watch orbs of acid shoot out and melt right through the creatures fur and burn their skin. Clint was next, shooting one of his arrows to find bolts of electricity shoot out and hit the creature Nat just shot clear in the eye.
Steve and Thor then tried it out, Rogers shield shifting into a raging ball of wind and Thor's hammer summoning the vines of trees at his will.

It was all just a big mass of elements merging together as they took out the pack of creatures and by the end of it they were heaving for their breathes.
Madeline just turned to them with a grin before making her blade disappear once more as they ventured further into the woods.

"I hate it here, too many bugs" Tony whined like a kid, the plate of his armour up as trudged alongside Bruce.

"Shut it Stark!" Natasha grumbled, walking alongside Clint as she kicked at a stray stone beneath her foot.

When Hatter stopped abruptly, Steve went tumbling into her but muttered a soft apology which she quickly waved off as they all noticed what they stood before. Two large brass iron gates, standing tall between a circular brick wall. Guarding the gates were two chubby twins, dressed in striped shirts, black pants and they both had bald heads. They tried to make themselves look as tall as possible but that was seen as a challenge as they had such small statures.

"Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum" Jackson acknowledged, nodding her head and flicking her hat up.

"Hatter!" They both cheered, rushing up to her in a flurry of flailing arms that soon wrapped around hers legs.

"Who your friends?" Dee questioned, looking Natasha up and down before twinkling his fingers at her in a wave.

"I wouldn't..." Madeline warned, peeling the two from her as Natasha simply ignored the boy.
"She could kill you with a pen" hatter cackled and grinned when seeing the twins face pale even more.

"S-so through the gates?" They chuckled nervously in sync.

"Yes" Steve answered and with frantic nods they pushed the iron gates open.

The nine, now accompanied by the twins, spilled through the gates set of down East with Hatter leading the way.
They winded between wilting trees and dying flowers, the floor beneath them seeming to be be crumbling beneath them.

"Hatter..."

The voice was distant, echoing through the trees and causing the group to freeze and look around frantically.

"Hatter..."

It grew closer and realisation dawned upon Madeline.

"Chess!" She cheered and the striped cat appeared in a puff of grey and blue smoke.

"Madeline" he hummed, twisting his body upside down and giving her a large Cheshire grin that she returned the gesture to with her own grin.
"I assume you're here over the war?" He questioned, flicking his tail as he perched atop of Hatter hat.

"I bring a team" she mused back, rolling on the balls of her heels and smiling like a child.

"You best Hurry Madeline, the Red Queen is slowly making her way to the board" The white rabbit called, bouncing into view and anxiously checking his stop watch.

"Our Queen?" Hatter questions, twirling her hair around her finger as Cheshire got comfy on top of her hat.

"She is leading the army, she knows of your arrival back here and is also making her way to the board" Nivens informed and she nodded before sticking two fingers in her mouth and letting out a high frequency whistle.

"What are you doing Mads?" Clint asked, staring at the women in confusion but she just replied with a wink of her eye and a small, mischievous smirk.

What came barrelling around the trees and came to an abrupt stop just before Madeline made her cry in glee. There in all its might stood the Bandersnatch, a mighty creature that stood proudly before the group.
Hatter mounted the bandersnatch and hoisted Natasha and Nivens on beside her with the tweedles hanging on at the back.

"Stark, take Clint. Steve, you can easily match it in speed, use your legs. Thor, you know what to do. Bruce...now might be a good time to get angry. " Natasha called.

They were off.