Chapter 16

The following weeks were memorable for me. David had been a great father and a great lover. He always made sure that we were safe and guarded and he even stayed at the apartment to take care of our son while I worked.

I don't know how long this can be. I don't want the end to come. Thinking about it pains me so much.

His driver always drove me to school and every time I went home, he and our baby always greeted me by the doorstep. I had been the talk of the campus. My colleagues swarmed me with questions like how I met David Miller and if he was the father of my son, but I just shrugged them off and pretending to be busy.

I was walking down the hallway after my last class when someone called me.

"Miss Grey!" The voice sounded disaster.

It was no other than the infamous Victoria Bash, the P. E teacher. She was considered to be the campus crush with her gorgeous hair and sexy body. She had been divorced twice and there was a hearsay that she was in a relationship with a Hollywood actor.

She didn't like me that much and neither I. She told me once that stretch marks were worst and she hated them. It will make you less attractive to men, that was what she exactly said. But I don't care if I have stretch marks all over my body as long as my baby is healthy.

"Hey! Everybody saw Mr. David Miller kissing you. Are you his new flavor of the month?" She spoke in a slutty annoying voice.

"It's none of your business." I said calmly. Honestly, I felt hurt.

"Are you planning to make him own your child?"

"Miss Bash, I'm not answerable to you."

"He must be good in bed, yeah? But I don't think he will stay with you for long especially you have an extra baggage now."

I could really kill this instant. I had to make a move or else I might blow her head off. I was just controlling myself from attacking her.

"My son is never an extra baggage." I said calmly gritting my teeth inside. I took two steps ready to walk out but I turned around again to face her.

"I am not his flavor of the month. He is my baby's father. I am his wife!" I released my last blow. Did I just say that? Oh goodness!

I saw the shock on her face. I didn't wait for her to talk and just walked away. The moment I step outside, I saw a familiar car with a man in shades standing like a bodyguard.

He walked to me and I was wondering if I was the one he expected.

"Miss Grey! Mr. Miller is inside the car waiting for you." He said.

I nodded in response. He opened the door for me and I saw my baby bouncing up and down on his dad's lap.

"Hi baby!" Miller said while holding my adorable son.

"Hello!" I sat beside him and gave a peck on his right cheek. David pouted and I just laughed off.

"Hello too, my naughty baby!" I kissed the cheeks of my baby and he also kissed me back leaving drools on my face. My baby tried wiping his drool on my cheeks and it made me laugh even more.

Before the car left the gate of the campus, I saw Victoria standing from afar looking like a witch having a bad day.

I put my baby on my lap and David wrapped his hands around us.

"Can I take you both to dinner?" David asked politely.

"Why not?" I smiled.

We dined in a private restaurant, a very private I would say.

"David, I'm just curious why there were no people dining aside from us?" I asked innocently.

"I made the place exclusive, just for us." He smiled so sexily.

"Huh?" I forgot he was a billionaire. He could afford anything, everything.

"I don't want anybody disturbing us."

"Ah okay." I bowed my head. Does that also mean he doesn't want to be seen with me?

"Baby, look at me." He touched my chin.

"I will do everything in my power to protect you and our baby."

I nodded and David wiped something on the side of my lips. My baby was getting louder and he kept on bumping up and down in his high chair. I gave him soup and he seemed to like it very much.

I heard David asking one of the waitress to take us a photo on his phone. We were sitting adjacent to each other. I put my baby on my lap. I smiled at the camera and she took us several pictures.

Next thing I knew, David was already behind me leaning down to put his chin on my shoulder and enclosed me with his arms. He picked our baby up who was babbling funny baby words again. I stood up and David held me by my waist then the camera clicked.

I scanned his phone looking at the pictures while David sat beside me with our baby on his lap. I was laughing to some of the pictures of my baby who looked so cute and adorable. He looked like he didn't care of his surroundings. His eyes were all glued to the chandelier lights inside the restaurant.

I came into a picture where I was looking at the camera while David was looking at me. It swelled my heart. I then bluetoothed all the pictures to my phone.

"Baby, can we take a selfie?" David asked and I was in awe.

"When did you learn to take selfies?" I couldn't hold my laughter especially when he pouted.

"I'm kidding." I said while slapping his arm and he responded by a deep hungry kiss. My baby pushed his father's face away.

"Baby, sometimes give daddy a break." He pouted again towards my baby who mimicked his pout and it made me laugh more. 💃