Chapter Fourteen || Brave

___________________________
Please don't take my hand if you don't plan to
Take a stand and be a man who
Understands that I'm no walk in the park
All these scars on my heart
It's so dark here
But if you're a warrior, there's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear - Jhene Aiko
___________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

Chapter Fourteen || Brave___________________________Please don't take my hand if you don't plan toTake a stand and be a man whoUnderstands that I'm no walk in the parkAll these scars on my heartIt's so dark hereBut if you're a warrior, there's not...

As I walked into my two establishments, K's Kouture and Beauty Bar, I was devastated for the millionth time, but I didn't allow myself to cry not another tear again. After the other night with Gionni, I just tried to remain in those same good spirits that he'd given me that night. It was now bright and early Wednesday morning, days since the tragedies occurred and I'd finally built up enough of the courage to finally come here and take a look at the place for myself. Destroyed was the only word that I saw fit for the appearance of my two dreams, overnight they had become shattered and broken beyond belief and it was utterly sickening to me.

"Well, I guess I better start cleaning this mess up." I said, more to myself than to Lauren who had accompanied me on this trip down here. I started picking up the clothing that had been trashed and was now garbage. I just shook my head and placed all of the clothing inside of trash bags, it could no longer be sold here in the store so there was no use for it to be here. I was trying to stay positive as I got everything cleaned up in here. After that was done, I'd vision out how I wanted to redesign and construct it all and how much of a loan I'd need from the back to bring my big dreams and visions back into the works of reality again.

"Don't sound so down Kam, things will be sorted out and this place will be back up and running in little to no time. Just have a little faith," Lauren preached to me and I nodded. She was right, with faith and trust in the good Lord above, I knew that he'd lead the way and I'd have my place back to normal as it was before, that's if it was meant for me to have all of these things over again. Only time would tell.

I grabbed the broom from the closet and swept up the big shards of broken glass that had come all from the shattered mirrors throughout the store. I didn't allow it to get me down or bother me as I cleaned up all over the store and shop that I once loved and cherished dearly. Now that it was destroyed, I didn't know what was in store for me after this. I just put the huge burden into God's hands and allowed him to do as he pleases, because everything had reason behind it. It was nothing left for me to dwell on, so I didn't even bother to do so with it.

"Thanks LaLa, I'm trying my best not too. I know if it was meant for me to have it, I'd have it and nothing on Earth could strip it away from me." I told her with hope and faith lacing my tone as I cleaned up.

A couple hours passed me by and during that time Lauren and I got both the businesses clean and ready for whatever was next. We'd ordered pizza and had a number of wine glasses in the midst of our cleaning, so we were set when we finally locked up the place. She'd picked me up this morning, so once we were done she dropped me off over at my parents house. It was a little after three, so I knew Raegan was already inside and I was actually excited to see her after all day without.