Taking a Risk

Chapter 8

                I dug my hands into the ground. I felt the soil beneath my hands and in my fingertips. I felt like I was trying to grip a hold on reality. I felt like I needed reassurance over everything that happened. I was trying to tell myself that everything that had just happened was real. I had found my mate. My gorgeous, handsome mate.

                Yet, my father wanted his head served on a plate. Just another trophy to add to his collection of destroyed packs. My mate was just another trophy in his collection. Just another win. Another murder. Another seemingly meaningless death. Just another body.

                I felt the anger pulse through my body. My wolf was mad. I could feel inside that Anna was out for blood. She wouldn’t let anyone hurt her mate. I wouldn’t let anyone hurt my mate. I could kill him. How bad is it? How bad is my life when I feel like I want to kill my own father?

                Why fate? Why did you give me this life? I am so confused. I am scared. My emotions are haywire. What am I meant to do? My father is King Of the Rogues. He is a mass murderer. He enjoys seeing others in pain. I am Princess of the Rogues, going to take over the pack of rogues when my father dies. Then there is my mate, an Alpha. A strong Alpha. An Alpha my father wants to take down.

                How can my life get more screwed up than it already is?!

                I pushed myself up from the ground realising night was drawing in. I made it to the caravan and went in. I washed my hands and just lay down on the bed. I placed my hands against my face. Why was my life so confusing?

                All I have ever wanted was a family who loved me. A pack. Friends. To be able to go to school. Actually celebrate my birthday. Enjoy my birthday. What makes this day worse was that it was my birthday. I am eighteen. My big eighteenth birthday. My father didn’t even know. No one knew. I turned eighteen and nobody cared. No one even knew. I want a family, friends, people who actually care for me. I want to be with my mate and have a family.

                Would I ever get a normal life?

                I couldn’t let my father known that the Alpha was my mate. I couldn’t let anyone know. They would hunt him down and kill him. They would see him in the way of all of my father’s plans. They would kill him in a blink of an eye. I couldn’t allow that risk. I couldn’t allow them to kill the one thing I actually care for. The one person that I already unconditionally love.

                I remembered his face. His strong jaw line and beautiful hazel eyes that swam with emotion. His soft pink lips, so kissable. There was his hair which was the most perfect shade of brown and was in this to die for messy swept to the side look. The way his shirt fit tightly over his eight pack. Then there was his presence in the room. It was dominating and powerful. He was a near total black wolf like me.

                I wanted him so badly. I wanted to be near him. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to kiss him. I want to feel myself wrapped safely in his protective arms. I wanted his love. I wanted his care and attention. I wanted to give him my love. I wanted to justify and prove myself to him that I wasn’t a bad person. I was kind. I just had the bad reputation because of my father.