Chapter 20

I bolt awake when I hear my window blow open. I relax when I see it's just a bad storm that blew it open and not some stalker vampire.

I get up quickly from bed and shut the window. I make sure the other ones are locked tight so they won't blow open also. Don't need anymore heart attacks tonight.

I grab my jacket, slipping it on and head over to Elena's room. She is sound asleep so as quietly as I can, I lock all the windows in her room too. Wouldn't want her to think a vamp is breaking in and her try to stake me.

After I finish Elena's room, I head over to Jeremy's room. I open the door quietly but he is sitting on his bed, wide awake. What the hell? That's kind of creepy.

"Hey, you're still awake. There's a big storm rolling in, can you just help make sure the windows are closed?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure." he nods. I smile at him and shut his door. He seems a little guilty...He was just sitting on his bed, staring at the door at like midnight.

What is my little brother up to?

-----------

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon seethes, pounding the wood over what was the window. Apparently all the tomb vampires are out and two of them tried killing Damon and Stefan last night. They killed the girl but the guy got away.

"Yeah and then what? We turn to the rest of the house of vampires and say, oops sorry?" I question while Damon just shrugs. We're both over last night and acting like nothing ever happened.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena glares at Damon.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information." Damon shrugs, "It's not like I had a choice she's.........scary." he frowns then smirks. "Besides she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

Elena lets out a humorless laugh. "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants as usual no matter who he hurts in the process."

"No need to be snarky about it." he glares.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires had been released from the tomb. I think I've earned snarky." she glares right back at him.

Damon sighs and leans back on the chair, "How long are you gonna blame me for tuning your birth mother into a vampire? Aria has gotten over it."

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that your a self serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities. I guess Aria just hasn't realized it yet." Elena hisses.

"Ouch." Damon says but he's smiling.

"This isn't being very productive, we're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires yeah?" Stefan looks over at Damon.

Damon stands up and glares at Elena, just walking away not answering. I sigh and run after him, knowing Elena pissed him off.

"Damon don't be a baby." I tease following him up to his room.

"It's not my fault your twin is mean." he whines.

I laugh, "She's just......judgmental at times. Plus it doesn't help that she hates you." I jump up on his bed, loving his sheets. They're so soft.

He sits down on the bed next to me and pushes me back so I fall. He straddles me with a big grin across his face. "Last night you were smashing bottles over my head now you're relaxing on my bed."

"It's a nice bed." I smirk rolling out from underneath him. "So what are you going to do about the vampires?" I ask changing the subject.

"Go in and take them out. Simple." he shrugs like it will be easy killing 26 vengeful vampires.