17| Erik Lehnsherr - Past Mistakes 2

"it'd be funny if there was a part 2 with logan meeting his daughter's boyfriend"

---

"Darling, I'm not sure it's a good idea." Erik warned you for the third time in less than an hour as you got off the car and started to walk toward the tiny diner.

"Well, too bad, we're already there." You smiled at Erik before pressing a small kiss on his lips.

You studied his features for a short second: his blue eyes were clouded and his jaw was clenched. You knew he was worried about this meal. He did not think it was a good idea. You were not sure either, but you felt like it was time. You had warned your dad about Erik being your boyfriend and had let him more than enough time to come to terms with it. So, confident, you took Erik's hand in yours and dragged him inside the retro looking diner.

When you opened the door, you were assailed by the familiar and strong smell of fries and steak being cooked. Your stomach rumbled and Erik laughed at your side. You looked around the tiny place and found Logan sat in a corner, on a red seat, a glass of whisky in his hand. You rolled your eyes but an amused smile found your lips.

When you stepped toward him, Erik took a deep breath and followed you.

"Dad!"

You shouted as you came nearer of the table. You met his eyes and he smiled back at you. You had not seen him in a while and you felt ecstatic about this reunion. You knew he was too, even if he did not let it show too much. It had been obvious when he had told you to meet him in this particular diner. When you were younger, he would always make you come here on special events because you loved their strawberry ice cream.

Logan got up and you took your father in your arms. When you stepped away, he sat back on his seat staring at Erik. The tension was palpable between them.

"Erik." Logan finally said coldly, taking a sip of his whisky.

You sighed before sitting in front of him. It was going to be a long lunch.

"Logan." Erik answered before sitting next to you, never leaving your father's eyes.

During the entire meal, you tried to get them to talk to each other but no discussion sparked their interest. Instead they stared at each other suspiciously for most of the lunch, except of course when your father was completely ignoring Erik. When the waitress brought you your dessert, you finally asked:

"Are you two going to behave like children for the entire meal?"

You were tired of this situation. You glared at them but none seemed to want to say anything. Logan pretended than nothing was wrong and Erik stared at him. Finally, he uttered:

"I don't think your father likes me very much, that's all."

Logan grunted in approval: "That's one thing we can agree on."

You smiled faintly, at least it was something, but then Erik added:

"To be honest Logan, I don't care about your opinion. I'm with your daughter; you'll have to deal with it one way or another."

The stare they exchanged then made you skin crawled. They were time bombs ready to explode. Their bodies were tense, their hands laid flat on the table. One sudden move and they would be at each other's throats.

"And what if I don't?" Logan asked threateningly.

"I don't think you have a word to say in that matter."

One second went by but it felt like an eternity before you talked:

"Okay, let's calm down a bit."

Erik and Logan did not seem to hear you so you took your father's hand in yours. His eyes fell on you but he did not calm down. Having his attention, you said:

"Dad, I love Erik." You took Erik's hand in your other hand and squeezed it. You felt Erik's gaze fell on you and the tension in his shoulders disappear. "I don't expect you to love him, but I'm really happy with him and I'd like you to be at least happy for me."

Logan stared at you for a few seconds before nodding. You knew you had calmed him down too but at his closed expression you could also see he would not make a lot of effort with Erik either.

"And Erik, maybe you could apologize to my father for trying to kill him?" You gave him a faint smile and prayed. Erik looked shocked at your request but seeing your imploring expression, he agreed.

Staring back at Logan, you frowned in disapproval at the way he was smiling, smug. Erik tensed at the sight of his expression but said nonetheless:

"I'd like to apologize for trying to kill you, Logan. It was a long time ago and I think we both changed since that time."

Logan took a sip of his whisky and leaned against the back of his seat, taking his time to answer.

"I don't feel like you're being sincere."

You stared at your father coldly, knowing how hard it must have been for Erik to apologize to him and waited. When your father met your gaze, he grimaced and added:

"But okay." He grunted as if it was hurting him to say those words. "I still think you're a dick though."

The knife on the left of Erik's hand moved slightly toward it. It was only a few millimeters but both you and your father saw it. Logan raised an eyebrow and stared at Erik, waiting.

You let go of your father's hand and squeezed Erik's one harder.

"Okay, good enough for now." You took a spoonful of your strawberry ice cream. "Time to eat."

Logan and Erik stared at each other for a few more seconds before starting to eat. You sighed. It may not have been a perfect lunch but at least everybody would leave in one piece and it was enough to make you feel like this had not been such a disastrous meal after all.