15. Humanity

9 years ago

9 years ago

"I assure you ladies and gentlemen, my revolutionary idea and design will stop these metahumans from taking over our city," I hear Dr. Weston preach, speaking to the large crowd. It made my blood boil. "Crime rates will drop and no one will live in terror again."

A woman reporter in the audience shouts a question. "Even the speedster Zoom and his new partner Silver Trickster?"

"Even those two," the doctor says, making me snicker. He thought he was going to put an end to Jay and I, but he was far from right. "I promise you that this will work."

You see, for the past month in Central City, this Doctor Weston has been all over the news talking about a new serum he had that would reverse all metahuman powers and abilities. Not only did his mouth piss me off, but so did the fact that he became the top news rather than me. Silver Trickster started to get covered up, and it aggravated me. So, of course Jay and I decided to take action. We decided to let it play out for awhile, but then we decided that tonight would be the best night to end it...since it would be all over the news.

I watch Doctor Weston from above as he walks over to a sheet, throwing it away to reveal his handcrafted design, as he called it. Cameras snap and flashes blind him as he stands beside it, a grin on his face. Too bad he didn't realize it would be gone soon.

My eyes trail away from him for a moment before looking over at Jay, seeing him shaking his head. Anger was in his eyes, and I didn't blame him. However, when I was glancing over at Jay, I saw movement behind him that caught both of our attention. We both race off after the person before stopping, Jay pinning them up against the wall.

It was Dust Storm. I haven't seen her in a while. "What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, kid," she half smiles, Jay releasing her. "I'm here for the same reason as you; to put an end to this."

Jay speaks in that demonic voice of his as lightning bounces around his skin. "We don't need help-"

"I don't care," she snaps back. I admired her bravery, because no one ever talked back to Zoom. "I'm making sure this thing is destroyed and along with everything else with it. This all ends tonight."

Jay looks as if he was about to put an end to her right then and there; at least, until I stepped forwards. "She can help. The more the merrier."

"Just follow our lead," he snaps before racing back into position, leaving the two of us standing here. I look back at her as she fixes her black jacket, sighing.

I raise my eyebrow at her. "I'm surprised to see you again. I thought you were in hiding."

"Was in hiding," she breathes. "At least until this idiot came out and decided to put an end to metahumans."

I glance back over at Jay, watching him closely. "Well you heard him; follow our lead."

I don't give her a chance to reply before I'm dashing back into my spot, watching the crowd below closely. Jay was waiting for a good time for him to grab the doctor while I could grab the serum, so I waited for him to make the first move. I had no clue how Dust Storm could help us, but at least we had back up if we needed it, which we wouldn't.