Komahina - Brace Yourself

The day has come and gone... The day where I had to get a freaking metal fence put on my teeth. It hurt like hell and now I don't want talk to anyone because I swear, they won't let me live this down.

Braces suck.

(Nagito's POV)

Hajime won't say a word to me... Well... It's understandable I guess, why would he want to talk to someone so low that they could be considered trash? But... He used to speak to me with a beautiful smile on his face and now... He won't talk to me at all... I'm so lonely... I probably don't even deserve to have a human name.

(Hajime's POV)

Ugh, I don't wanna talk to anyone when I look like this... But I shouldn't just ignore everyone, in fact, I know one person who'd be VERY angry if I cut off all contact with... Maybe he could give me some advice. I grab my phone and dial a certain midget's number, "Hey, what's up Hajime?" I hear his voice on the other end of the line, "I need help..." I say quietly, "What do you mean?" He says in an irritated tone, "Why haven't you been leaving your room? Komaeda's gettin' all depressed and stuff because of you!" He growls. I roll my eyes at this, classic Nagito.

"Well... I can't exactly talk to anyone in person..." I said. "Of course you can, don't be fuckin' stupid! I mean, you're talking to me, so how hard can it fuckin' be!?" He screeched into the phone. "Calm down... I'll try and explain... So, I started having problems and then I had to have a thing happen and now I... can't talk to people." I tried to explain. "ARE YOU FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD?! Tell me properly, dumbass!" I sigh. "I had to get braces, okay?!" I snapped, "And... Why does that mean you can't talk to people?!" He growls impatiently. "Because you know the kind of people I'm usually around! Souda wouldn't let me live this down!" I explain. I hear Fuyuhiko lightly chuckling at this. Well, this certainly helped my situation.

I can't stay locked up in my dorm all the time... I'm running out of food anyway. I grab my wallet and walk out the door. As I'm exiting the building, a certain boy with white, fluffy hair, locks eyes with me.

(Nagito's POV)

I saw Hajime walk out of the school dormitory building and he instantly looked away from me... I wish he'd tell me what's wrong, or what I did... It's typical of me to be so ignorant as to not even know what I've done to upset him. Maybe I'll try to talk to him again...? Ah, it's so low of me to keep pestering him like this. Before I know what I'm doing, I'm already walking in his direction. "Hinata-kun...!" I say as I wander up to him. He turns to face me but doesn't open his mouth. "Um... May I ask you a question, Hinata-kun? I apologise for being a bother to you..." I mumble that last part. He looks at me for a moment before hesitantly nodding. "I'm sorry, I should already know this but... What is it that I've done to make you not want to talk to me? Is it because it's embarrassing for you to speak with me? If so, I understand..." I held my head low. I notice his eyes widen a little and he looks a little guilty for whatever reason.

(Hajime's POV)

Wow... Great job, me... You just lowered his self-esteem more than it already was. I sigh quietly, "...I... sorry..." I mumble quietly. "...Could you repeat that...? Please?" He asks sweetly. "Sorry, Komaeda." I mutter a little louder, "I don't want to talk to anyone... not just you..." I say with my head turned away. I don't want him to see, I look ugly as hell with braces... He tilts his head slightly, "...Why is that, Hinata-kun? I want to know what's wrong... otherwise, I'll worry..." He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. I sigh again, "...I had to get braces..." I mumble with venom dripping from my voice. Nagito's expression changes immediately, he goes from looking concerned, to looking like he's stifling laughter... Why does everyone laugh at me when I tell them that? "Hinata-kun... You don't have to be worried about that!" he says in between giggles, "You look fine! They're not really noticeable, and if you had to get them, then there's not much you can do, is there?" He smiles.

I had to talk to people in class again eventually... Sure, there was the occasional tease or laughter, but it was all light hearted really. It was mostly all from Souda though. One thing I learned from this though, is that I think Komaeda has separation anxiety...

(wow this is short, I kinda lost inspiration near the end ->-)