Chapter 11

Once we got back downstairs I had explained to everyone in the house my situation.

I explained that I was a Sohma and that Akito was my brother. I also explained why I was sent to the school and why no one really knew about me.

Tohru held me in her arms while I was still a guinea pig, keeping me close as to try and comfort me. She had a naturally kind aura around her, so this form of affection was very relaxing. 

As I spoke to them, spilling out my past and present to them, I shuddered at the thought of telling them what Akito had truly done to me. Every time I had started to talk about him, my mind drifted into a dark past. No more words could escape my lips as the subject started to dive into that of a scarring flashback. 

"That...that bastard..." Kyo mumbled under his breath, clenching his fists in his lap and glaring down at the floor. 

Yuki remained quiet, though the expression on his face showed clear anger and fear. The kind of fear that I could recognize. 

Shigure thought to himself, biting his lip softly as his eyes flickered for a solution to this precarious situation. 

I know it was pointless to fig against Akito, to gather up allies in attempts to get him to lower his hand against us. In the end, I had to remain as an obstacle between him and the other Sohma family members. 

No one should have to shoulder my burden, it mine alone to carry. 

I widened my eyes as a puff smoke surrounded me, scrambling out of Tohru's arms and to my scattered clothes and quickly putting them on before the smoke dissipated. I cleared my throat to clear the tension in the room, setting my hands in my lap and bowing my head. 

"I-I'm very sorry to have intruded myself into your home..." I looked down at the floor and bit my lip, my eyes welling up with tears. "I don't want any of you to get involved in this matter further...." I said formally, apologizing to them like I had been doing for the entirety of my life. 

I stood up and bowed at the waist towards them "Thank you..." I spoke softly under my breath as I started to head out to the front door, biting my lip as a tear treated to streak down my cheek. 

"Morumotto wait!" Tohru shouted after me, following me to the front door in attempts to stop me. 

I ignored her pleads and slid on my shoes while leaning against the wall for support. "I'm sorry Tohru, I really am..." I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. 

She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes as well. She had started to be too attached to me, sympathizing with my lifestyle. "Motto..please...we can help you..."

I bit my lip and shook my head sadly "I'm sorry...I can't be helped without someone paying the price for it...." I reached out and slid the front door open, looking back at Tohru and smiling softly. "I'll never forget the kindness you've given me, Tohru Honda," 

I quickly stepped out of the home and slid the door shut behind me. I started to run away from the house, following the path I took to get here. 

I ran and ran all the way home, wiping away stray tears that had leaked from my eyes. 

I took the back entrance, as usual, walking through the dimly lit halls and into my sheltered room. No one was waiting for me this time, and I was relieved. I sat down on my bed, my tears freely streaming down my red cheeks. 

Painful tears held back now turned into harsh sobs as I laid down on my side, grabbing a pillow and hugging it close to my chest. 

 Surely Akito would have noticed I had disappeared by now, even with Hatori's efforts to keep him occupied. It was only a matter of time before my hope was crushed into a powder and blown into the cold wind. 

I clenched my pillow tighter, violent sobs escape my throat as my face was buried deep into my pillow. 

Suddenly, a sharp and crisp series of knocks sounded on my wooden door, I tensed up in fear. 

Surely he had found out by now.