Uchiha

No.

This had to be a sick joke or genjutsu or something.

There was no way, Sakumo Hatake, was alive.

The Rokudaime Hokage for once was lost and shocked, to come face to face with his deceased father.

B-But I remember dying, peacefully! With Naruto by my side and everyone else!

Wait... Now that I think about it, if I am dead it only makes sense that Sakumo is here, in the afterlife with me... Yeah. That makes sense.

"Dear? Our newborn son is acting weird all of the sudden..."

Wait.

Newborn son?!

Kakashi's eyes widened even more and that freaked Sakumo out. A 2 month baby is not supposed to be quiet and wide eyed...! Frantically, a beautiful black haired woman with onyx eyes rushed in the room panicked and checked Kakashi. "What's the problem with our son?" the woman asked, a deadpanned and annoyed look on her face after inspecting the baby.

... Son? So that's my mom...?

Suddenly Fugaku came in, making Kakashi's eyes even more impossibly round. "See?! Look at his face and tell me that's normal!" Sakumo cried, looking at Kakashi's face. "How's my nephew imouto?"

Nephew?! Imouto?!

That means...

He was part Uchiha?!

***

Sakumo was terrified and panicking. He knew nothing about kids, nor how to teach them. But what he did know, was that 2 month old babies were not supposed to be able to even pull of a shocked expression. Both Fugaku and Karasu Uchiha, his wife and Fugaku's sister, were now beside him with worried expressions. (Fugaku not so much.)

Karasu took her son and rocked him, and soon Kakashi's eyes went back to it's normal half lidded state. He yawned and fell asleep against his mother, leaving everyone confused yet relieved.

Hopefully that never happened again...

That was a wistful wish.

***

Next time Kakashi 'awoke' he was 7 months old. He looked around his room through his crib wooden poles and saw another crib at the far opposite side of the room, no adults. How irresponsible... Kakashi willed himself to lift his chubby legs to cross and his hands to lift his body to lean against the bars. Soon he did his rather sloppy version of his usual meditation pose and closed his eyes, trying his best to grasp his chakra.

Being a prodigy had its perks and Kakashi hummed in pleasure as he flet his chakra flow throughout his body. He sat there and practiced sending his chakra around his body. Then he reached out to sense other's chakra, first to the crib on the other side. He felt it, familiar and warm, like... Kakashi snapped out of his meditation and whipped his head to look at the other crib.

... Obito!

Tears pricked his eyes and Kakashi cried silently, whimpering softly to himself. Obito was alive...! That meant... Rin, Minato sensei, Kushina, everyone...! But if that's true that means...

He had gone back in time, but this time, as an Uchiha.

Excitement bubbled in his chest and his smile shakily.

He wouldn't fail to save his friends. 

Not this time.

And with determination flaring in his eyes, Kakashi stood for the first time... Wait. His eyes burned slightly and Kakashi yelped, closing them. His mother came into the room to check on them and was shocked to see Kakashi holding his eyes.

"What's wrong Kakashi-" the words died in her throat as her son looked up...

With one tomoe in each of his blood red eyes.

...

She screamed.