The Doctor's Worry

Sloan sat on her bed trying not to think of anything. She had a really bad headache going on and it wasn't going away. She had already taken some medicine for it but it wasn't working. Not yet. The jerking of the TARDIS wasn't helping matters. Sloan put her pillow over her head to try and block out everything.

It wasn't working, oh her head. She tossed the pillow aside and put her hands to her temples rubbing though that never worked. She needed to talk to the Doctor but feeling how jerky the TARDIS was... Rose was in the middle of a flying lesson. Still, the headache she had was bad. She slowly pulled herself up and went to the console.

Rose was getting a lesson on flying the TARDIS. Sloan grabbed her head in pain. The TARDIS had been kind to Sloan and made it so she wasn't jostled much like Rose and the Doctor.

"Hold that one down!"

"I'm holding this one down." Rose protested.

"Well, hold them both down." Rose looked to the other button the Doctor wanted her to push. It was out of arms to reach.

"It's not going to work." She denied as she tries to stretch across half the console.

"Oi! I promised you a time machine and that's what you're getting. Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound?" He asked her, neither one noticed Sloan sitting on the floor her head in her hands.

"What happened in 1860?"

"I don't know, let's find out. Hold on, here we go!"

They go in for a rough landing. Both Rose and the Doctor were thrown to the floor. Sloan was left alone, her agony to her head was causing tears to come up in her eyes.

"Blimey!" Rose said.

"You're telling me. Are you all right?"

"Yeah. I think so. Nothing broken. Did we make it? Where are we?"

"I did it. Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 22nd, 1860."

"That's so weird. It's nearly Christmas."

"All yours." The Doctor nodded.

"But, it's like, think about it, though. Christmas. 1860. Happens once, just once and it's gone, it's finished, it'll never happen again. Except for you. You can go back and see days that are dead and gone a hundred thousand sunsets ago. No wonder you never stay still."

"Not a bad life."

"Better with two. Come on, then." She said completely forgetting about Sloan. "I mean three." She corrected after getting a look at the Doctor. Rose went to the door.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" He asked stopping her from opening the door.

"1860," Rose replied as if it were obvious.

"Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella. There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on your left. Hurry up! Find Sloan." Rose did as he said and finally noticed Sloan wrapped in the fetal position with her hands on her head.

"Oh my God! Sloan are you okay?!" Rose asked panicked. The Doctor abruptly moved to where Rose was to see Sloan. His eyes widened in horror.

"Rose go! Go now!" He barked to her before picking up Sloan and taking her to the med bay. "Sloan talk to me."

"It hurts! Oh my god, it hurts." She whimpered. He set her down on the bed and scanned her head. His eyes widened again at the readings. He rushed around the room trying to find the things he needed. She needed to go to sleep. Finally, he found what he was looking for and whispered to her. She relaxed slightly as the Doctor injected her with the medicine.