Ten.

Time passed quickly, too quickly, five years to be exact in the real world but only 2.5 in Underland. The kingdom had began to thrive once more, vivid coloured plants and trees filling the scene and the castle and cottages filling the town.

Everything was happy once more, and. Everything back to normal, well as normal as Underland could get. The people and creatures were happy in their homes, but a certain someone was readying herself for a trip she had been eagerly waiting for since the war ended.

"A-Are you sure you want to leave Hatter?" The white rabbit chattered, clutching at the gems of his waist coat as he peered into the familiar rabbit hole.

"Yeah, should be fun" Said women replied, grinning her signature grin.
"After all, Chess is coming with me" she added, looking at her shoulder as the striped cat materialised to help prove her point.

"She'll be fine Nivens...after all, she has been there before" the cat drawled out before turning invisible once more.

"Madeline, we will miss you" the white queen cooed out and Hatter responded by gingerly wrapping her arms around the women who had grown to act like a mother to her.

"I will miss you too, all of you, but I miss them too." She breathed, pulling herself away from the Queen and rubbing the Bandersnatch on its snout and kissing the tweedles an quick kiss on their foreheads before she edged towards the Rabbit hole.

"We will miss you, Madeline" the Tweedles called in unison and she just waved her goodbye before jumping into the hole without a care in the world.

Before she knew it, she was in the familiar corridors of the Avengers tower, however something didn't feel right. It felt too...cold. Too isolated. Taking her hat from the ground as the hole closed. She placed it atop of her head where Chess hid inside.

"No ones here" she noticed, peering along the common room and kitchen, finding everything still and silent.

"Hatter, try find a computer" Chess called and she nodded before setting down into the lab where she knew a computer would be.

Switching it on, she let Chess out and the cat quickly got to work on hacking into it and trying to trace the location of the team she grew to love. Now, I bet your wondering how Hatter and Chess knew all this? Reason being was that Underland had greatly advanced from the time of the war, technology was now around and Hatter and Chess found themselves to be exceedingly good at using it.

"Accords? Super soldier? What is this?" Madeline questioned, looking through the files that she had hacked into, after all, she was still an Avenger. She took in all the information on the matter that she could before being interrupted.

"Madeline, I don't know what that is but I do know one thing" Chess called, his eyes flashing a dark blue before turning back to their original real colour.

"What? Is it a vision?"

"Their at the airport and Hatter...they are about to tear each other apart"

Her greens eyes widened, frowning and eyes brows furrowed before she stretched her right arm out and clicked her fingers.

"Lets see how rusty my magic skills are" she dryly coughed, green glitter encasing the two of them and and in a poof, they were gone.

The two landed atop of the buildings roof, watching as the Avengers and other people that Hatter hadn't seen before were split into two groups and face off. Everything was silent as a red android floated down to Tony's side, and she watched closely as tension laced itself through the air.

"Chess...I don't like the way this is looking" she admitted quietly.
"Take the shield" she ordered and the cat evaporated into thin air as he moved further away from her.

She watched as the shield that lay on the ground lifted into the air just as Cap went to get it and they all stared in wonder as it moved to Madeleine's location. She stood and left her hidden location, her top hat concealing her face as usual as she grasped the shield and felt Chess sneak into her hat.

Jumping down, she landed in between the two teams and grasped the shield tightly.

"One of yours Stark? Pretty late ain't she?" Cap called, no one noticing at all who she was and this causing a spike of sadness to pit in her heart as she grasped the shield tighter.

"Never seen her before in my life" the billionaire scoffed and at this she tossed the shield into the air, invisible chess catching it high up and keeping it there as they all looked at her in wonder.

A man, then with long, scruffy brown hair and a metal arm advanced forward. He pulled his metal arm back and went to punch her but she simply caught it in her left hand. The sound of metal on metal clanked throughout the whole airport and the man looked down at her in shock.
She didn't even look up and reveal her face though as she twisted her body whilst still holding her fist and threw her heeled foot into his stomach, sending him flying into a nearby car.

The teams stared in shock at her and she soon decided to reveal herself.
Slowly grasping at her hat, she threw it up into the air and Chess caught that as well as she was revealed.

"Surprised? You should be!" She hollered out, watching as the Avengers faces dropped in shock.

"H-Hatter?" Natasha called, her grasp on her gun going loose as she stared into said women's eyes.

"What happened to you?" Clint asked, equally as shocked.

"They fixed my arm" she announced firstly, flexing her half metal arm and clenching her fingers whilst smirking in glee.
"They had to put an implant in my eye and brain as well, I smashed my temple in that fight and they had to fix it so because of it I'm no longer as mad as I used to be" she called, gesturing to her left eye that was surrounded by metal plates and cogs.

"You were gone for so long" Natasha breathed.

"Yes, and while I have been away you have turned into utter fools!" She scolded.

"Hatter. If your here to stay then you will have to sign the accords too." Tony announced and truthfully, she didn't like the sound of that.

The government holding your powers like there own, well that is how it would seem. Well why would it? They would tell you when you could use them and when you couldn't, they would limit you and take away your freedom. Madeline hated the sound of that.

"I'm staying here" she announced.

"Then the accords will need your signature" Natasha explained and Hatter slowly made her way in between Clint and Steve.

"The government can't control a Fairy tale character" she scoffed.

"They got Vision" Natasha informed, gesturing to the red android.
"If you know what's smart then you will join us"

"Im insane Tash, not smart...there's a difference" Madeline stated.
"Chess!"

The cat materialised and launched her hat down, placing it in her head straight away, she caught the shield next and responded instantly by launching it as Tony's suit.

"Lets see what you got"