14. Lie

From behind a tree, which was across the mansion's gate, the bearer of the gem of darkness watched as the guests continuously poured in, like an infinite wave of water

From behind a tree, which was across the mansion's gate, the bearer of the gem of darkness watched as the guests continuously poured in, like an infinite wave of water. As soon as he found out about the party and who was going to attend, he knew it was definite that he should go.

He observed the attendees and their formal get-up, making him look at down at his ripped jeans, shirt and hoodie. He frowned, knowing that he wasn't dressed for the occasion, but of course... he had a solution.

Conventionally for him, a dashing young man in a classic tuxedo suit passed by him, so he only had to stare at him for a solid minute before snapping his fingers. Purple mist surrounded his body completely, only fading after a few minutes, and now he was wearing the exact same tuxedo suit.

After ruffling his own hair to style it, he straightened his suit and casually walked towards the crowd, perfectly blending in. When he was about to enter, however, he was stopped by an unusually tall security guard.

"Invitation," The guard demanded, his tattooed arms crossed together. He was also wearing a tuxedo suit but his arms were so big that it looked like they were going to explode in any second.

The bearer whispered a curse since he had forgotten such an important detail. Since he definitely didn't have one, he raised his arms in the air and smiled innocently. "Whoops, I guess I forgot it at home."

"No invitation, no entry," The guard said sternly, not at all amused by the bearer's fake playfulness. He harshly pulled his arm, implying that he should leave. "Next."

"Wait!," The bearer screamed, making the guard face him with a raised brow. After collecting himself, he stood up straight and raised his hand, a knowing smirk on his face. "I just need to tell you this."

Purple mist danced around the bearer's fingers as his smirk turned into a sly smile. He pointed at the guard, the mist swirling around his head before entering his ears, making his eyes flash purple for a split-second.

On the other hand, the bearer's eyes were also purple and he was chuckling at how easy it was for him to control the guard. He was still twirling his fingers, the purple mist dancing in the air. "I don't need an invitation... right?"

The guard blinked rapidly before shaking his head wildly. He took one glance at the bearer before moving aside and opening the door to the mansion. "Y-Yes, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience."

"Thank you," The bearer smirked as he walked in. He could hear the other attendees who had forgotten their invitations as well complain outside, while the guard tried calming down, though he himself was confused. Nonetheless, it had sparked chaos outside.

As the bearer walked in and was greeted by the golden walls, he cracked his knuckles and smiled, exposing his pointed teeth. "Heh, looks like the party is just getting started."