38.

Hey guys, my story Colour Me Red is the second story of the Dark series. It's on my wall now and is definitely a must read.

If you don't want the journey of Emily and Xavier to end yet then you can see them over in Colour Me Red, a story about Nick (Xavier's cousin) x

Chapter 38.

"I hate seeing you like this." Mali stated as she sat beside me on the sofa. Katie sat the other side of me and I snuggled into them both feeling sorry for myself.

Katie and Mali had come around to try and cheer me up as I'd been hauled up into my room for a few days.

Things just seemed to be getting worse. I felt worse.

They had brought films and food I couldn't stomach to eat. I was a huge comfort eater but I literally just couldn't stick it.

"I'm sorry." I whispered just as my eyes started to well up again. I had spent hours crying.

Why? Because I had left Xavier, the only boy I would ever love. I didn't know if we could work, I was so scared for our relationship.

Yet, I knew I'd never be able to get over him, I just needed time.

"No more water works, please, I can't bare it." Mali replied. She was so out of her element right now, she hated people crying, she had no compassion what so ever. Katie hugged me from the side, the film now
forgotten.

"Cry all you like." Katie stated. I didn't cry though, I didn't have anymore tears to let out. "We're sorry, Ems, we really are."

"You could always go back to him?" Mali suggested. I looked to her.

"I just need some time to think." Our relationship was so intense and it happened so quickly, everything was rushed, I didn't have time to ever think about us and the both of us individually. I really wanted us to work, I thought we were getting somewhere, anywhere, but I was just so frightened of who Xavier could become.

He had such a short temper, I knew he'd never hurt me but I couldn't trust him to go out and not get hurt. I didn't want him to get hurt, or worse.

His mother had hurt us both mentally and physically and our relationship. Xavier didn't know how to control his emotions and what to do when he felt out of place, fighting was his only answer, so he thought. Yet, I didn't like that answer.

"Things will fall in to place, girl, trust me." Katie replied before turning to watch the film. It was background noise to me, I was still nursing a hurting heart.

I wa grateful for what Katie and Mali had done to help me, I needed them right now even when I thought being alone was the best choice. It wasn't. They were a welcoming distraction.

Just as I was getting in to the film and switching off my brain of all thoughts Xavier, there was a knock at the door. My heart raced, was it him? Could I speak to him now without lowering my power and guard?

I looked to Katie with panic and she got up from the sofa to answer the door. She opened the door only a little so I wasn't able to see the figure at the other end of the door.

"Oh, hi." Katie greeted the person. She opened the door wide and it wasn't Xavier. My heart almost dropped. A part of me was hoping it was him. I needed to see him, I missed him so much.

Nick came sauntering into the room, his black shirt showing his olive coloured skin and his tight jeans showing off his lean legs.