Silence in the Library

. . . OK, now all I really want to do is finish these two up. Davanna is really getting to me guys. Does anyone mind if we have a Kasterathon? Pros: you'll get more Kastera quicker, and you find out sooner rather than later if Alice lives. Cons: the more Kastera you get, the quicker it may be over, and you'll find out sooner rather than later if Alice lives.

So, Kasterathon: yay or nay?

I'll let you decide. ;) Meanwhile, enjoy the first part of the Library! What's a certain River Song's reaction to the Time Lords?

Here's "Silence in the Library!"

***

The Alchemist took one step out of the TARDIS, inhaled, and let out a happy sigh. "Oh, now that's a good smell."

"Books," the Doctor grinned as he came out with Donna, looking around the massive shelves. "People never really stop loving books. Fifty-first century. By now, you've got holovids, direct to brain downloads, fiction mist, but you need the smell. The smell of books, Donna."

"Wonderful every time," the Alchemist smiled fondly.

"The Library," the Doctor led them to a marble staircase. "So big it doesn't need a name. Just a great big The."

"It's like a city!" Donna's eyes widened as she looked over the thousands of shelves.

"It's a world," the Doctor corrected. "Literally, a world. The whole core of the planet is the index computer. Biggest hard drive ever. And up here, every book ever written. Whole continents of Jeffrey Archer, Bridget Jones, Monty Python's Big Red Book. Brand new editions, especially printed."

"We're near the equator, so this should be biographies," the Alchemist looked over the balcony.

"I love biographies," the Doctor grinned.

"Yeah, very you," Donna snorted. "Always a death at the end."

"You need a good death," the Doctor shrugged. "Without death, there'd only be comedies. Dying gives us size. Way-a!" The Alchemist looked back to see the Doctor snatch a book from Donna's hands. "Spoilers!"

"What?" Donna blinked.

"These books are from your future," the Alchemist shook her head as the Doctor replaced the book. "He doesn't want you reading ahead and spoiling all the surprises."

"It's like peeking at the end!" the Doctor protested.

"And how many times have you done that, bozo?"

"Yeah, isn't traveling with you one big spoiler?" Donna folded her arms.

"I try to keep you away from major plot developments," the Doctor sniffed.

"And how well has that been going?" the Alchemist raised an eyebrow.

"Very badly," the Doctor admitted.

"Good boy. Now, new topic. This is the biggest library in the universe. So where is everyone?" The Alchemist looked around. "It's silent."

The Doctor blinked, then went to a nearby information screen. "The library?" Donna asked.

"The planet," the Doctor shook his head, booting up the screen. "The whole planet."

"Maybe it's a Sunday?"

"No, I never land on Sundays. Sundays are boring."

"That day you met me in Van Statten's vault?" the Alchemist looked over his shoulder. "That was a Sunday."

"Correction," the Doctor backtracked, grinning at her. "Love Sundays."

"Love you, too," the Alchemist giggled, giving him a quick kiss.