21

T W E N T Y -  O N E

I literally felt as if I were going to die... or at least that's what I had assumed. With the immense pain that I was feeling as every single bone snapped inside of my body, how could I not. My pain tolerance was not subtle for this, nor was my emotional stance at the moment. I wanted to scream out in pain, in agony... but I found it hard to do so. My throat felt constricted. As if I had swallowed a jar of nails and they were somehow now lodged inside of my airway.

My bones were cracking one limb at a time. My body twisting and turning in ways that I never thought possible. To make matters worse, I still happened to be chained down to the table. So my movement was even more constricted then so. If anything it just seemed to make this transformation that much more painful.

"You should have shifted by now." Cane mumbled. His voice was eerily low, as if that statement was only meant to be of his hearing. But I heard him loud and clear.

"What?" I breathed, my face scrunched in pain and slight confusion. My hands falling limp on the tabletop as every small bone in my fingertips snapped and shattered one by one. I could already feel the regret seeping in for going through with this idea, this change.

I never knew anything of werewolves until I met the Petrovics. A family full of many secrets and countless lies. They hardly bothered to share with me a slither of knowing they happened to share about them. I suppose that's one reason I happen to regret making this decision. Because I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

"Maybe you need a little encouragement... something to help speed up the process." I couldn't tell if Cane was saying this as a mere suggestion on my account, or simply just for his very own amusement. But from the slight spark of fire that rippled in the very depths of his eyes, I figured that what he had in mind would be highly more torturous then so.

I didn't want to have to undergo more pain then I was feeling, but I also didn't want to drag on this process of changing any longer.
"Fine." I snapped. I couldn't tell if it was from the surpassing fever, the hectic thoughts of the Petrovics, or a mousy side effect that happened to come along with the transformation... but I could feel a surge of anger swarming within me. It was like a raging storm.

Smirking Cane slowly unlatched the shackles that were bounded to both my wrists and my ankles. As he did this his fingers lightly danced along the path of my skin. The feeling of his skin upon my own causing a fire to erupt within me. One that was full of pain and overwhelming agony.

Cane didn't bother to give me no forewarning as he placed one arm behind the line of back and the other under the back of my upper thighs just above my knees. Lifting me all in one swift movement as he held my body close to his chest. That one swiftly yet sudden action alone was enough to have me wailing aloud in pain. My face scrunching together to form a slight frown as I glared at Cane. Who unsurprisingly found it quite convenient to smirk at the sight of my suffering.

I felt like a broken piece of glass resting in his arms... fragile and shattered with no former support of my own. "Where are you taking me?" I mumbled. Though it probably seemed to come off more as a breathlessly gasp.

"I know someone that could help speed up this process." That was all Cane was willing to offer me as he maneuvered his way out of that cold and lifeless room that I was shamelessly being held captive in and into a dark hallway. One that seemed to have very poor lighting as the lights dimmed on and off. Some occasionally flickering, and one going out completely.

It took me a moment to realize where we were, with my mind being hazy and a little disoriented... but it wasn't hard to realize that we were in old St Patrick's. An old worn down building that use to once be a hospital, but caught fire over six years ago. I figured that the building had been abandoned ever since the incident but I guess I was wrong.