{ 46 }

{ Rebecca }

We called Bentleys dad and she going to go back to LA with him in a couple of days. Today is Demi's last day and I'm being forced to go to her concert even though I don't fucking want to.

"I don't want to see her dance like a slut around on stage." I rolled my eyes as I looked at my outfit,

" I rolled my eyes as I looked at my outfit,

"She isn't a slut, she is hot." Bentley laughed, "no no, you don't know her like I do." I scoffed as we exited my room. "Come on now! We gotta go!" We ran down the stairs and joined Madison and Dallas and mom and dad. "Alright alright."

We arrived at the concert and we are front row, the night before I had drunk a hell of a lot of beer so I have a little hang over. We got to our seats and waited for it start, as we did there were people who recognized us and wanted pictures so I let them. I heard people calling Demi's name and I never noticed how much I actually missed her.

I miss her giant smile
Her intoxicating smell of vanilla
Her warm hugs
Her I love you

I began to start to tear up, "I'm gonna go pee I'll be back." I shot up and Bentley grabbed my arm "it's going to start in 10 minutes." I nodded softly and left. I fast walked to the bathrooms as people stared at me, I threw open the door and ran into a stall shutting the door. Why did I feel so nauseous? I just wanted to harm myself in anyway I could. With out even thinking I shoved my fingers down my throat causing the bile to come up. I flushed and just began sobbing even more. Then there was a knock "there are like 3 other stalls go use those!" I snapped trying not to sound like I was going to cry. "I-its Demi."

"What do you want? I'm fine." I said cold, "I miss you and I love you." She croaked, "don't cry you don't deserve to cry, just fucking leave me alone and go do your damn concert." I threw open the door and
Saw her tear stained face with a shocked expression. I wanted nothing more than to hug her.

"I don't know why you feel you can just ignore me for 3 months and be a complete and utter bitch to me before you leave and say all these rude ass things and think I would forget about it and just forgive you? You texted Madison, Dallas all damn summer and you never texted me ONCE to see if I was even alive!? You know this was supposed to be the best summer ever but it wasn't! All because of you! I don't miss you or nor do I love you! I just want to be 18 so I can move as far away from you as fucking possible. Have a good show." I threw open the bathroom door leaving her in shock and I made my way to the exit.

I texted Bentley "went to get fresh air, feeling a lil sick." But instead I called an uber and went home.

"Dude, the concert ends in 10 minutes where the r u?" Bentley texted me, I got up from my bed "fuck." I thought. I got up from my bed and got a ride back to the concert.

I arrived and ran in to find my family. "Where the hell where you?!" Mom scolded. "I went home." I shrugged as we began to walk back stage to demis dressing room. "Why do we even need to go here? She is coming home after this, well we all because we are going to live in a house for the rest of summer." I rolled my eyes and then mom smacked the back of my head softly. "Hey!"

"Enough Rebecca."

"She said your whole name Becca your in trouble." Bentley giggled. "Hey family!" Demi cheered walking in the room all sweaty. Demi gave everyone a hug even Bentley and I ignored her. "dont touch me!" i snapped, her smile dropped and she backed up, "alright then."

 "My dad is here." Bentley leaned over to me. "okay, lets go get him." I said kind of rude. "We are going to get B's dad, we will be back." I grabbed Bentley's hand and we left. "God i couldnt take anymore of that." I breathed heavy. We walked through the crowd of guards and people cleaning up until we saw her dad. "Daddy!" she screamed, she ran to him and he squatted down with his arms open. She ran into his arms and he wrapped them around her picking her up and spinning her. "My princess! Im so sorry baby girl, i love you and you are safe now. You, and your sister."

 I held back tears of jealousy, anger, sadness and happiness that Bentley was safe. But I wanted what she had. A biological father who would fly a thousand miles just to get me, one that would call me baby girl while not raping me, a father who would spin me around tell me im safe. "Becca!" Bentley shouted snapping me out of my thoughts.

  "what?!" i panicked, "my dad wants to meet your parents and dallas." i shook her dads hand and tried to control my breathing. "yeah alright." her dad was super well dressed and looked like he walked out of a magazine for rich people. I mean he is rich, Bentley and her dad followed behind me and i brought them to demis dressing room. "Mom? Eddie? Bentleys dad wants to see you and dallas."

  Demi began socializing with madison while Bentley and her dad and mom and eddie talked. "Dianna, Eddie, Dallas, i wanted to thank you guys in person for helping my daughter. I had no idea she was being abused and thank you for letting her stay at your house for as i was told like the most of the summer." He had tears growing in his eyes, but he giggled at the last part. "Bentley is my baby girl and i love her so much, Dallas thank you so much for standing up to her mother and saving her from the home, It means so much to me that you would do that for someone you barley know. I wish there were more people out there like you guys."

  I sat on the couch but I couldn't take it, the tears began flowing and i stood up and left the room. I walked down a narrow hallway that was empty, I leaned on the wall then slid down sobbing. I heard heels walk down the hallway but I didn't care i just continued crying "hey-hey what is going on?" I heard demis perfect angle voice, she was the last person on the planet i wanted to talk to. I shook my head and i felt her hands on my legs and i looked up at her beautiful long hair falling infront of her face. Her big brown eyes that flooded with pain look at me she rubbed her thumb in soothing circles on my legs.

  "Rebecca, what is going on? You can be mad at me in 20 minuets just ignore those feelings and tell me. Please." she sounded desperate. I shook my head "I-I- cant do it demi!" i sobbed, she moved from infront of me to next to me pulling me in her lap.

 "Its not fair! Nothing is fair! Im tired of being the reason my dad couldn't been the father he wanted to be! I want my dad to fly more than a thousand miles to come get me, i want my dad to pick me up and spin me around and tell me im safe, i want-want my dad to call me baby girl not while he is touching me or drunk, I want to not be scared of men, i want to just be normal! Not demi lovatos little sister, not that singers sister, I want to be just Rebecca!" I sobbed finding it hard to breathe. Demi rubbed my back rocking me back and forth,

 "Rebecca, i know life isn't fair, trust me i know. I wanted the same things you do, my biological dad i wanted nothing more than him to give me a hug or bake cookies with me. But he wasn't so lucky he had a bunch of mental illnesses and that prevented him from being a father. Deep down he wanted to be but he just couldnt. He passed away from cancer and i always blamed myself for him not being able to be the father he wanted to be. I guess what im trying to say is rebecca you have me and dallas, and madison, and mom and eddie, we love you so much it may not seem like it but we do. Honey, what your father did to you wasn't your fault at all, none of it your just a girl an innocent 15 year old girl. You did nothing okay? Nothing is, your perfect and you may not believe me but you are." Demi said sweetly, i could tell she was starting to cry, I could feel her tears hit me.

 I wanted to hate her so much but i just couldn't right now. "thank you demi."

--------------------------------------------------

Comment & Vote