Chapter 9: "Friends"

"Sir," We broke apart. I was still breathing hard; my heartbeat a permanent, fluttering tattoo against my ribcage.

Asher and I swiveled around to see Tatiana's friend looking like she walked in on someone. Well, I guess she technically did.

"The plane will be landing soon. Please take your seats." We followed her instructions, and I was about to take off to my chair when Asher stopped me.

"Sit with me," he said, tightly gripping my arm.

I just nodded, keeping quiet. I was still pissed about the encounter. He did not have any right to be jealous.

I followed him to his seat, noticing that Gage and the other guard's seats were still empty.

He sat beside the aisle while I took the seat beside him.

"What did you say to that air hostess?"

"I think you heard what I said to her sir," I answered.

"Hmm," He lazily ran his fingers through his hair, disheveling it even more. "Tell me Miss Vista, are you jealous?"

I glanced and saw his deep, piercing eyes on mine, as if he can see right through me. I looked away.

"I could ask the same question," I countered. "Jasper is my best friend's boyfriend."

He sighed, placing his palm over his forehead. "I am sorry Miss Vista... I don't know what happened to me. I am usually never like that."

"And I am sorry for what I did back there. I wasn't thinking straight," I confessed, apologizing at the same time.

"No that woman deserved it. She was being too friendly, to my dismay."

There was a silence. We were staring at each other. That night was a blur but the sensations weren't. He was the one who gave me my first orgasm, which till then was a myth to me.

He looked away. "This can never happen between us... We both know that. But we can't keep on ignoring each other as well." he reasoned.

I nodded, unable to say anything.

"We need to overcome this. I need to win this contract and for that we need to have a proper communication. After all, you are my assistant."

This Asher was very different from the one few hours ago. I was astonished by his change of demeanor. He wasn't a tyrant like the tabloids described. I could tell that he had a good heart. At times, he would take his work seriously, but otherwise...

"Asher..." I started, but immediately held myself back upon realizing my mistake. I bit my lips. I had never called him by his name before.

He smiled, indulging me. "It's alright Miss Vista, you can call me Asher." He smiled and small dimples appeared on his cheeks. Damn, he looked so adorable.

"Then call me Armelle or Mel," I eased myself.

"Your name is too beautiful to shorten; I'll call you Armelle." I blushed at his small compliment.

There was a small beep. We both looked up to see that one of the signs lit up.

"Buckle up your seatbelt, Armelle, we will be landing anytime soon."

. . .

Wearily, I followed Asher to the exit while Gage and the other bodyguard, who goes by the name Parker, helped us with our luggage. Once we left the airport, I was greeted by the refreshing breeze of the sea and the warm sunlight.

Asher and I got into the car, while the guards came in separate cars carrying our luggage.

While traveling, Asher briefed me about what I needed to know about this deal.