Chapter Twenty One.

If the photo works it's of Alex's parents house.

Sunday...........................

Alex spent most of his adult life and childhood hating Sunday, the awkward, almost painful Sunday dinners, but waking up next to Belle with her nestled in his arms may just have changed his opinion on Sundays.

He rolled over and pulled her closer, dropping a kiss on her neck and her bare shoulder. She snuggled closer to his side with a content sigh. Outside he could hear the ocean crashing softly against the shore, the storm had passed sometime in the early morning as they slept. It was still dark in the room due to the shutters being closed but a few cracks of daylight slipping into the room.

His cell phone rang on his bedside table and he reached for it with one arm, not releasing Belle with the other.

"Hello?"

"Are you coming to lunch?" Maggie asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Dad's on me about College if you're not here I'll go insane."

"I'll be there," He promised.

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

"Yep."

He hung up and tossed his phone back onto the table, rolling onto his side and wrapping Belle in both arms and pulling her closer.

"Was that important?" She asked.

"No, it was Maggie." He kissed the top of her head.

"Sounded important to me."

"I have a lunch...thing I have to go to. My brother is still on his honeymoon so Maggie needs back up."

"I can call Jade to come get me."

He sighed, not really ready to let her go, not ready to leave the bed, the room. He knew once they left this house they had to go back to reality, back to him being a screwed up teacher and her being his student, and he wasn't ready.

"Come with me," He said, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Why not? Because your father hates me." she said, sitting up in the bed to look at him.

"He doesn't hate you."

"No?"

"No," he sat up as well.

"He hates me, you're just....an innocent by stander." He said, pushing her hair off her shoulder.

"I don't know."

"Come with me, please?"

He leaned forward for a quick, but convincing kiss. When he pulled away she smiled.

"Okay, if you're sure."

"I'm sure."

He leaned forward to kiss her again, this time pushing her back onto the mattress. She broke away first with a giggle.

"How much time do we have before we leave?"

"Not that much I'm afraid."

He kissed the end of her nose and then rolled out of the bed, pulling on his pants.

"Do you want to shower?" He asked.

"Do you mind?"

"No, you know where the bathroom is."