Parrish; Protector

You push open the door to the sheriff's department before making a direct beeline to the deputies' offices.

You sigh in relief as your eyes land on Parrish. You don't hesitate to walk over to his desk.

He looks up from his paperwork when noticing your presence.

"Y/N, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." He says.

"Well hello to you too Jordan." You fake a smile, your grip on the paper in your hand tightening.

"You shouldn't be here." He repeats, his tone stern.

"Well excuse me for being a little concerned about your safety. And excuse me for being a little curious to why your name is on the deadpool." You unfold the page in your hand and hand it to him.

His eyes widen in surprise as he reads his name on the list. "What is this?"

"It's a list of all the supernaturals in Beacon Hills... Why didn't you tell me?" You ask him, feeling a little bit hurt that he would keep information that important away from you.

"Look Y/N, I have no idea why my name is on the list. I'm just as confused as you are... What does the number mean?" He averts his eyes from you back to the sheet of paper.

"It's how much you're worth." You inform him, sitting down on top of his desk.

"I'm worth five dollars?" He asks in disbelief.

"Five million." You correct him and his jaw slightly drops.

"Oh my god." He whispers to himself.

"I know," You speak up, "I might as well just kill you myself."

He shoots you a 'seriously' look before reading over the list again.

"Your name is on here too... Wow, Y/N you're worth a lot." Even though you already know that your name is on the list and you are worth five times more than he is, hearing him say those words scares you. It sends shivers down your spine.

"Hey, you okay?" Parrish gets up and stands in front of you. He puts a hand on your shoulder and you look up, letting your gazes meet.

Are you okay? Of course not. You are petrified.

"Yeah, totally. It's just that there are people out to kill me, but that's not a big deal, right?" You say sarcastically. Parrish rolls his eyes at your words before taking a seat once again.

There is a long moment of silence before somebody speaks up. That somebody being Parrish.

"Don't worry Y/N, I won't let anyone hurt you." You look at him, but he keeps his gaze locked with his hands.

"What?" You barely whisper and he tilts his head up.

"I said," He stands up, "I won't let anyone hurt you. Or kill you for that matter." He steps in front of you and stares at you intently.

You gulp as his hand cups your face, but you lean into his touch.

He lowers his head down until your lips are centimeters apart.

"I want to kiss you. And if you don't have any sarcastic remark to throw at me, I would like to get right to it." He slightly laughs and you can't help but giggle at his choice of words.

You keep your mouth shut; For the first time in forever you are speechless.

He looks into your eyes as his mouth nears yours and your eyes shut as your lips meet in a soft, but passionate kiss.

***

parrish is a gem!

vote and comment if you want