CHAPTER 57: MIND MAZE (Part 2)

Chapter 57: Mind Maze (Part 2)

They say gain new friends but always cherish the old ones. As I watched Zywon squeezes himself in the small hole of the backdoor, I told myself that this guy is indeed a new friend of mine. He wouldn't bother checking me here personally if he doesn't see me as a friend. He wouldn't sacrifice himself falling from the high wall just to get here if he doesn't see me as a friend, right? I stared at the deformed and melted chocolate in my hand. This isn't a measure of friendship but the thought still counts.

"Zywon", tawag ko sa kanya bago pa man siya tuluyang makalabas sa munting lagusan palabas ng mataas na pader ng Bridle.

Saglit siyang tumigil at nilingon ako. He must be bothered by my sweet tone. "Hmmm?"

"Thanks a lot. For real. I-", I felt shy about this because looking back, we started bad. Him, the lazy lad who loves to sleep at Athena and the one who never sees me as a girl at our PE match. I'm glad that we have this bond now, he may not declare himself that I'm his friend but I know that I am. "I know you are a friend."

Sumeryoso ang mukha nito. Ilang segundo itong ganoon at ilang sandali lamang ay sumibol ang munti ngunit totoong ngiti mula sa labi nito.

"Ah, no problem about that. If you want to have real friends, the first step you have to do is to be one", wika niya.

So he really wants me to be one of his friends huh? And he wanna be friends with me too.

"Thanks again. It feels good to be one of your friends", sagot ko sa kanya. I wish he would also make up with his old buddies, Khael and Gray.

"I don't really have a lot of friends. I don't need lots of them anyway. Just a few loyal ones", he said at tuluyan nang lumabas. "Got to go Just Amber."

I guess he still doesn't want to talk to me regarding the status of his friendship with Gray and Khael. And speaking of them, I left them with a difficult code to cipher. I felt the chills in my spine when I remembered that Andi's life is at stake! I found myself jolted towards the convenient shade where I left the two.

Gaya nang kaninang naiwan ko sila, they're both drown with the thoughts of how to decipher the code. Ang kaibahan lamang ay malinis ang mesa kanina but now there are crumpled pieces of paper everywhere.

I flinched a little when I heard a paper being torn. "Arrrgh! It's not working! Kahit anong gawin ko, I don't know how to decode it!", frustrated na wika ni Khael. He tossed the crumpled paper on the table where it joined the other papers who experienced the same fate. "I desperately tried all the ciphers that I know pero wala pa rin."

"Me too", sagot ni Gray. "I was even silly when I really multiplied the letters but still got nothing", wika ni Gray at napamasahe sa sintido. Poor Gray, although I am not sure if he got some jetlags, it's still not right to burden him with such code.

"Sorry but you can't stop", wika ko sa kanila. I know I sounded so bossy but I don't care. I'm so worried about Andi and when we are worried that much, we don't really care about others. Mas manaig ang gusto kong makita si Andi and I don't care if it will take too much of Khael and Gray's time. As of this moment of my desperation, sila lamang ang pwede kong asahan.

Pareho silang napatingin sa akin. Yes, I sounded so desperate. "Please...", I begged. If I could kneel just to ask for their help, I would. "Please... I already lost Phobie. I cannot afford to lose another roommate."

Inilapag ni Gray ang isang panyo sa harapan ko. "Tsk, you don't have to cry. Tutulong naman kami."

I'm crying?

Dahan-dahan akong napahawak sa pisngi ko and I am really crying. Yeah, I'm Amber, the crybaby. And I always cry without knowing it.

"Sorry. I-I'm just dead worried....."