Chapter 1

The shiny black stones I held in my hand were nothing other than the wrydkeys, all finally together. Now that Maeve and Erawan had been defeated, everything was back to normal.

"We finally have them all," breathed Aedion. Lysandra was on his shoulder, and he held her close. Honestly, I was not expecting that to happen. But I guess they did like each other, and I was happy for them. More happy, for myself, obviously, as my carranam near me and I grinned. But I didn't feel like smiling. My smile faded.

"I know this sounds kinda stupid, but I can't think straight. These stones are the most powerful objects in the universe, and all three of them are in my hand. I don't know about you, but its quite overwhelming," I admitted. Rowan came up to me and laced his fingers through mine.

"Trust me we know. But being queen does come with some stressful responsibilities, and looking after the wyrdkeys is one of them," He smiled. "And we are here for a reason - to share that burden with you." Aedion and Lysandra agreed. I clutched Rowan's chest fiercely, and he held me tight, both not wanting to let go. Together, we were unstoppable. And the rest of the court. Obviously. 

Dorian stepped into the room. He was visiting from Adarlan with Manon by his side. I don't really know much about that, but he's happy too. And so is Manon, which is surprising. Turns out Dorian's charm can work on even the most cold-blooded witches. But someone wasn't there. My heart starting beating faster.

"Where's Elide?" I asked, worryingly. A young lady came from behind. 

"Sorry Your Majesty, just wanted to see the view. Terrasen is big leap from my uncles place." She shuddered. I squeezed her hand sympathetically. The way her uncle treated her will never be forgotten. And we will get to take revenge on him. One day. She smiled back at me.

Chaol and Nesryn were still in the Southern Continent, trying to seek healers for Chaol. I still miss him, and hope that he comes back soon.

But for now, it was us. And everyone was smiling, talking to each other, having a laugh. I quietly joined in, but my heart wasn't in it. It never was these days.

_________________________________________________________

Hey Guys!

Hope you enjoyed my short intro chapter of the story!

Remember I am a fangirl at heart so post whatever you want to talk about in the series (either acotar or tog or any other books you think I should read)

xxx