34 -2x12

The day after Rose got bit by the werewolf, Jules, Eira felt terribly guilty. The wolf seemed to be protecting her and Eira thought if she acted quicker and said something to get the wolf to stop than Damon would still have his best friend. Rose seemed like a good person to Eira, anyway and she felt like Rose didn't deserve to die.

Eira was in the kitchen with Stefan and he was talking to her,"Are you listening to me?"

"No," Eira replied. "I'm worried about Damon. I feel bad."

"Eira it's not your fault. You know that," Stefan stated.

"I guess," Eira said. "But I'm still worried about Damon. He's going to be sad."

Stefan frowned,"Things are sometimes sad in life, Eira. There's always going to be sadness."

Eira let his words sink in before responding,"It just bothers me when you two are sad."

Eira changed the subject,"So what were you talking about?"

"Katherine built up a tolerance to vervain," Stefan started. "Since, Elijah can compel vampires from what I witnessed of him compelling Katherine. I need to take vervain. And you should, too. We have no idea what Originals can do. They might be able to compel you."

"Okay," Eira nodded.

Stefan pulled out a vial of vervain and poured it into two glasses, one of which was for her. Stefan mixed them with water to dilute the vervain. Eira drank hers first and then Stefan hesitantly held the glass before gulping it down quickly. Stefan started coughing and he fell to the ground from the burning pain of ingesting vervain. Eira kneeled down next to him to make sure he was alright.

Stefan stopped coughing and she asked,"Are you okay?"

Stefan stood up and she stood up with him. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Elena walked in to the kitchen and she smiled. "Hey," Elena greeted both of them before looking at Stefan. "I'm glad you're out of the tomb."

"Yeah, thank you again," Stefan replied.

"While your here, I wanted to talk to you," Stefan started. "You may have a made a deal with Elijah but I think we should talk to Isobel. Katherine said Isobel could have some answers and I just have a couple questions, that's all."

"I don't think that's a good idea but if you think it helps," Elena frowned.

"I do," Stefan said and he turned to Eira. "I have to go meet up with Alaric. Stay here."

"Okay," Eira sighed as Stefan left.

Eira looked at Elena,"I want to thank you as well. For getting my brother out of the tomb."

"You don't need to thank me," Elena said.

"So, why did you come here?" Eira asked.

"I came to check on Damon," Elena said.

"He's with Rose," Eira said. "I'll take you to him."

Eira walked and Elena followed. Eira led them to the parlor where Damon was at with Rose. She stopped though once she was about to enter the room because she saw the werewolf bite on Rose's shoulder. It looked horrifying.

She heard Damon say,"Definitely.... better. Right, Eira? Elena?"

Rose and Damon looked at them and Elena spoke for them. "Um, it's not bad."

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked.

"He's going to try to find Isobel because she might know how to help stop Elena from being sacrificed," Eira explained.

"Yeah, can you talk to him," Elena started. "I think talking to Isobel will upset Elijah."

"No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if both of you could play nurse for a little while...," Damon trailed off.

"It's not necessary," Rose stated.

"It is necessary. Elena and Eira are do-gooders. It's in their nature, they just can't resist," Damon explained and left the room to leave.

Elena looked at Rose before following after Damon to talk to him before he left. Eira walked over to Rose. Rose attempted to get up but she struggled to stand.

"I'll help you," Eira stated and put her arm around Rose to hold her up as Rose leaned against Eira.

Eira helped Rose up the stairs and as they walked Rose talked,"You know, you're nothing like Damon."

"Well, Stefan is my twin so....," Eira trailed off.

Eira and Rose got up the stairs and Eira brought Rose into Damon's room. "I hate this. I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries."

"Well, you are ill right now so get in bed," Eira said and Rose reluctantly got in bed.

"We don't get ill. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out in sickness," Rose explained.

"You're not going to die," Eira stated.

"Such a human thing to say," Rose said. "I've wondered how you're human."

"It's a long story," Eira said.

"Tell me," Rose hummed.

Eira sat down at the edge of the bed and told Rose that a spell had kept her alive from when Stefan killed her in 1864. She told her how she assumed that the spell placed on her was linked with the tomb spell, keeping her frozen in time. Rose seemed to enjoy listening and having something keeping her occupied.

Author's Note: I know it's a short chapter. But I'm tired and I couldn't write anymore. I won't have an update till Thursday or Friday because I'll be busy with school.