4. She's also #1 on the ageny's top most wanted list

Thirteen's POV

Everybody stops in their tracks after the words leave Nicky's mouth. I've never wanted to strangle a person more than right this minute. I glare harshly at her and she shrugs.

"You did what?" Devin's voice comes out calm and even, but I know better, he's daring me, or Nicky to repeat it.

Sometimes I forget he's Zero's son. I'll have to remind myself that even though Zero's a crappy chief, he's still Devin's father.

I turn toward all of them, pointing at Jason, Chase, and Cody, "I don't want to hear anything from you three." I point at Devin next. "You can yell at me later."

"No, how about I yell at you now." His tone is low and I pick up on the anger behind it.

"What good will that do us right now?"

Devin points at me, his eyes narrowed. "Later."

I turn the corner down another hallway. Three guys trying their best to blend in stand with their backs to us at the end of the hallway. I push everyone back behind the corner. "Great," I mutter.

"Now what?" Nicky questions. "They're blocking the next set of stairs."

I shrug slightly. "Anyone got a clear shot?" I ask as I stick my head out around the corner to look at them.

"As soon as we start shooting all hell's going to break loose." Cody states.

"Give me my backpack." Nicky orders. Chase slips the backpack off his shoulders and passes it to her.

She places it on the floor and unzips it, shuffling through the contents. She pulls out an iPad.

"What good is an iPad going to do us right now?" Cody scowls at her. She gives him a cold look. I hide my smile.

Her fingers glide over the iPad smoothly and her eyebrows knit together in concentration.

"What is she doing?" Chase asks me.

"She tell you anything about her past?" I ask him, instead of answering his question.

"Only that you and your old team gave her a second chance..." He trails for. "What did she use to do?"

I smile slightly and turn to face him. "Her full name is Nicolette Moore." His eyes widen in shock and realization. I figured her name would ring a bell. "World's greatest thief and-"

"Hacker." He finishes for me. I nod. "She's also #1 on the agency's top most wanted list besides Garrett." He adds, giving me a pointed look.

I widen my eyes in mock surprise. "You don't say."

The fire alarms suddenly begin blaring to life, the loud, obnoxious ringing echoing through the hallways. Nurses, doctors, and patients begin to quickly file down the stairs and out of the building. The three men, however, don't make any move.

"Brilliant plan," Chase mutters sarcastically, Nicky just smiles.

"They just need a little motivation." She says with a devilish smile. She taps on the iPad a couple more times. "Hope you lot don't mind getting a little wet."

"Actually I d-" Jason doesn't get to finish his sentence before the overhead sprinklers suddenly come to life, water beginning to rain down on us.

"Oops," Nicky says with a shrug, "It's not like it's acid." She smiles sickly sweet at him.

I turn and look over at the three guys who are now cursing out each other and making a mad dash for the stairs. Well, they sure seem to think it's acid. I hear Jason let out a cry of pain and turn back towards everyone else.