e i g h t e e n

|Eighteen|

|Eighteen|

"Isn't it strange how neither of us went looking for the Fates when we first ended up here?" Lucifer asked, pressing a tortuous slow kiss to the lobe of my ear. I shuddered at his action as his tongue flicked out to swipe at my sensitive spot and tried to suppress my whimper.

"Well. I wanted to but I  wouldn't know where to start." I tried to keep my voice at normal pitch and keep it level despite the distracting action Lucifer was completing at my ear and now neck.

"I suppose so. The Fates haven't interfered with our lives though, so there has been no need to go on the hunt for them." 

"I doubt Raphael would help me out or even tell me where they are. After all, Raphael is equally the same puppet for the Fates as you and I. And-"

"I am not a puppet Charmeine."

I gave him a hard look.

" I mean, rarely. Very rarely. I try to avoid it at all costs."

"Everyone does Luci," I said patting him on the head. He frowned at my action and cursed underneath his breath, turning to fix his hair. He had styled it slightly differently than normal. His fringe was swooped on either side, creating almost, a small heart where the hair curled round at the front. The style suited him.

"And I doubt you know where they are," I continued on, "Because if you did you would have already gone to them."

Lucifer nodded, "True. But if I did find out - I would never travel alone. Only someone with a death wish would travel alone. It's why even the Archangels travel in groups to attend these audio meetings." He pressed another soft kiss to my warmed cheek, " I still want to get to know you better Charmeine."

"Do you now?" I asked with a coy smile, leaning into his touch, "Will there be any interruptions this time?"

"Nope. No one is going to come in. Do you want something to drink?" Lucifer asked, shifting me so he could stand up.

"Um, sure - why not. What do you have?"

Lucifer grinned, "This is the Underworld, darling. We have everything and anything you could ever desire."

I glanced back to face Lucifer, chuckling at his cocky statement. "In that case, I'd like an iced peach tea please."

"Coming right up," Lucifer said with a nod, disappearing from the front room and returning a few moments later with the said drink in his hands. "Here you go darling,"