||K i d n a p p e d||

T h i r t e e n

When Allah pushes you to the edge,
trust Him fully because only two things can happen.

Either He will catch you
or
He will make you learn how to fly.

Mashal

I blinked a thousand times before my eyes finally adjusted to the bright light and I looked around to figure out where I was.

I tried to stand up from where I was sitting but I couldn't. I looked down at the seat belt secured around me which didn't let me move.

There was another row of seats on the opposite side and it looked like some sort of a bus or train's interior.

I gasped in horror. When did I get on a train?

Out of curiosity, I opened the black shutter of the small window to my left.

Ya Allah!

There were no roads or buildings visible from the window. Instead, there were white clouds against the blue sky.
This was not a train or a bus but a small aeroplane!

And even though I had never been on an aeroplane, I knew that planes are huge but this one was small......like a private plane.

A shiver ran down my spine when the realisation of what had happened crept over me.

I was about to go to Syria with Ibrahim and then suddenly Zainab.........I mean Zeyara showed up and.....after that....I couldn't remember anything that happened after that.

Oh! Maybe after that me and Ibrahim got on the plane for Syria and that's where I am right now.
But if that happened, then where's Ibrahim and all the other passengers?

I looked around desperately to find Ibrahim but there was no sign of him.
A panic attack was beginning to make its way to me when the door at the far end of the cabin opened and I saw Zeyara stepping out of it.

"Zeyara!" I gaped at him and then snapped my jaws shut as I finally remembered what was happening. Zeyara had injected me with a sedative of some sort and then he must've kidnapped me!

"Mashal calm down. You're okay." He said lowly, walking up to where I was sitting.

"Calm down?!" I screamed at him, "You kidnapped me! I don't even know where I am and you expect me to calm down?"

This was truly unbelievable. How could Zeyara do this?

He heaved a cold sigh and looked away from me. "I had no time to explain. Ibrahim was there and he could've-"

"What?!" I bellowed with all the anger that I could muster. "Just tell me what you had to explain before I lose my control."

Lose my control?
Seriously Mashal? What would you do? Fight him off and then jump off this plane?
What a good idea.

"I don't know where to start and whether you would believe it or not." He replied, settling himself down on the seat opposite to me. "It's just too absurd."

He looked genuinely worried and I couldn't help but notice his attire. He was wearing black commando pants with lots of pockets on it and a heavy black leather jacket over a white t shirt. Not to mention those black high boots.

Honestly speaking, all he needed was a pair of black shades and he would look like a spy from those secret agent movies.

"Go on." I said glancing at him, "but please don't tell me you are a secret agent."