Twelve.

A grin slipped into her face, a new idea coming into her head as she watched the heroes fight. She waited until her green eyes locked onto a target, any target. Scarlet Witch.

She watched as red tendrils flew out from the girls hands and advanced towards War Machine who knelt on her knees on the ground. It was seconds away before the magic hit the tin man did Hatter slide in front of the him and sliced the magic with her Vorpal sword. The two opponents watched as the red magic dispersed into thin air.

"You?..."

She knew what he was about to say and quickly threw her leg out, hitting the mans played face and sending him tumbling back into the concrete. A giggled slipped Madeleine's lips before she lunged forward and swiped at the witch. The brunette dodged swiftly and countered with a flick of red magic to Hatters temple.

Nothing happened.

No spark of red eyes, no glazed expression, no dream that she can't escape. Nothing. The witch stared at her in wonder until she noticed the cogs slowly turning on the women's face.

"Mind magic doesn't work on me sweetie" she chirped, throwing her metal arm out and back handing Wanda in the face, causing a gash to split through her face as she smacked into Clint.

Four down.

Each of the opponents she had faced were frozen in sleep under Hatters magic until she decided to to release the spell. This would happen to every other foe she would face.

Her next victim? The Winter Soldier, or as Steve had called him 'Bucky'. She stalked up behind him as he fought against Tony alongside Steve and she quickly redirected his attention by slamming the heel of her foot into his calf. His body shuttered and he spun around too quick to even comprehend.

"Hey!" Jackson grinned, nodding in acknowledgement before sucker punching him in the face, gripping his arm and twisting it around to his back.

He was more cunning than that. He leaned forward and as she followed, he threw her over him and quickly slammed his head into hers. Groaning in pain, she dropped his arm and he took this chance to grip her right arm and flip her over. Her back slammed into the ground with a sickening crunch and she groaned once more as he leaned over her. Bad move.

She threw her legs out, wrapping them around his neck and twisting her body to fling him to the side. With his back against the concrete, he moaned in pain and she just sat atop of him whilst smiling down at him.

"I'm sorry, I really am" she stated before knocked him to sleep with her magic.

"Bucky!" Steve called frantically, abounding his fight with Steve and running to his best friends sleeping form.

"Give it up Capsicle, you ain't gonna win this one" Tony called, Vision and Natasha arriving at his side.

Falcon, Clint and Ant man arrived at Steve's side and they all looked towards Madeline. She took her hat off and curtseyed before looking up and finding a white paged book slowly dropping into her hands. Materialising on her shoulder was Chess, tail flicking behind him as he stared at the fallen heroes.

"He wants to tear the Avengers apart, he works under HYDRA" he hummed, tilting his head to the side.

They both heard small gasps and Madeline just huffed before opening the accords book and shining a green glow of light onto the middle pages. There to be revealed was the octopus symbol that all Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Avengers despised. It certainly was Hydra.

"Hatter, what is that?" Steve called, clearly confused.

"The accords are fake, they were signed under fake aliases. Ross was never on your side, he is under HYDRA, he aims to eliminate you all, expecting this conflict to happen. He has another one of his men on the sideline, back at the facility in Siberia where the other Winter Soldiers reside. This man is the reason for the conflict, it was all his idea, Ross just took this idea and made it happen" Madeline explained, repeating the information Chess had transferred to her via mind connection links.

"Now what?" Tony questioned, the plate of his armour shifted up to reveal his slightly bruised face.

"Get the team back together, clear Bucky's name and cause some butt kicking chaos!" She cheered, snapping her fingers together and waking the five, who even though were under a sleeping spell, had heard it all.

"Are we really going through with this?" Scarlet witch questioned, holding a ripped piece of cloth to her bleeding face that Clint had graciously handed to her.

"Yup!" Madeline cheered, popping the 'p' as she replied.

"Yeah...Mr Stark. I'm gonna need to get home,I have homework?" Spider-Man called sheepishly.

"Homework can wait kid, we're gonna need all the help we can get" Steve relied, clapping a hand on Starks shoulder that was a symbolisation for peace. Stark nodded up at him in acceptance for that peace.

"Are you joining us Hatter?" Clint called.

"Hells to the yeah! I ain't missing no butt whooping!"