Chapter 4

Rowan's P.O.V

There was something wrong with Aelin. Nothing really noticeable, but something was wrong. Her scent had changed from cool, calm and collected, to a sense of fear. I stood up, wanting to know what had happened to my queen.

"Aelin." I said, softly, hoping she'd look at me. She never did, only picking up the stones and putting them in her hand. She observed them, the colour, size, texture, as if she had never seen them before. Something was definitely wrong. Suddenly, a voice popped into my head, distant, but here at the same time.

Rowan

I stepped back, startled. Aelin? Was it really her? Her voice was as clear as day, but wasn't she standing right there? We've never communicated without looking at each other, but if my Fireheart could do it, so could I.

Aelin, Aelin can you hear me?  I tried to say. It was harder not looking at each other, but I'm sure she got the message.

Rowan, my powers are weakening. Help me. Your my carranam, you can help. Help me defeat that imposter

Her voice seemed to be pointing towards "Aelin" or "imposter." But, how did that make sense? Suddenly, an image flashed across my mind, like a memory, but not mine. Aelin's. She sent me a memory. 

"Aelin" runs raging through the land, hitting, kicking and shoving whoever gets in her way. I stop in front of her. She looks at me, those beautiful blue-gold eyes gone, replaced by orange angry ones, so deep almost red...

  I snap out of it. Deanna had taken over her body once again. I felt like yelling, screaming, that my Fireheart was being used as a puppet. That didn't sit with me very well. Or the rest of the court. I couldn't tell the others without her knowing, so I  had act normal around her. Then the hawk pounces. Aelin would be laughing at that statement right now.

"Uh, hey... Aelin," I say nervously. Deanna stares at the wall, not moving. Why would she want to stare at the wall? A thought slapped me across the face. Unless she wanted to conjure up a portal.

"Deanna. Give my the wyrdstones and get out of her body!" I said calmly. Everyone gasped, staring at me, then her. Slowly, Deanna faces me and the others. Those deep orange eyes widened, then her mouth slowly began to etch upwards.

"Well Prince Rowan, I must admit I didn't think you had it to be able to sense your precious Aelin being well, possessed. She said, in a cold, harsh voice. I snarled, feeling wind rustle between my fingers. Oh, she picked a bad time. Aedion thought that too. He stood up, trying to control his temper. Of course for The Wolf of the North it couldn't be done.

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HARM MY COUSIN!" he yells, causing Deanna to walk backwards a few steps. As he was about to yell again, Manon gave him a look that silenced him.          

"Why are you back Deanna?" She asked, in a way that could make a valg shiver.

"My friends from the other world are ready to be set free. Your too late," She smirks. Before we can process what she said, a black hole emerges from the wall. Dorian and Lysandra yelp, edging back a bit. No. No more wars. Before trying to stick her in the portal, an idea crossed my mind. 

Aelin. She's conjuring up a portal. She's using her powers wholly on it. She might be too weak to try and keep you hidden at the same time

After that, I saw Deanna step backwards, stumbling over a cushion. Aelin had her this time. Deanna fell onto the floor, and a burst of light erupted from her, so bright we had to cover our eyes. Once we could open our eyes, we saw Aelin blinking, and standing upright, her blue eyes back. Dorian sighed, relieved at this. All of us did, including me. She walks up to me, a smirk on her face.

"Then the hawk pounces?" She asks, eyes glinting. Oops. Might have sent that down the bond by accident. But I didn't care. I laughed with her, while the others stared at us with confusion.

We sent Deanna away, but who knows where she could be now?

______________________________________

So this chapter was long because I was planning to write the start of the crossover, but I decided to leave it to Chapter 5. :( 

Just wait and see!

xxx