71

(Val's POV)

Yesterday was the day my family went back home. I'm going to miss them but it will be great to have a somewhat empty house. Of course we will still have Carter and the twins but its always quiet until someone is crying or Carter touches something.

"Baby, have you seen my lesson plans?" Chloe asked. It was almost time for school to come back and she was freaking out like she did every week during the school year

"Chloe, calm down."

"I can't. I have a lot of work to do."

"Well if you slow down, you'll see that you're holding then in your hand." She looked at the papers in her hand and just sat down on the bed.

"I'm losing my mind." I just smiled at her. She was indeed losing her mind but it was okay. Its my job to make sure she's finds it. I laid down and pulled her down with me so she can lay on me.

"Just calm down. I know you have a lot of work to do but, stressing yourself out isn't going to help. You're running off of 3 hours of sleep and no breakfast. You need to eat and take a nap."

"No. I need to find a way to help Ophelia read on her grade level and I have to find math problems and little projects for them to do for science ."

"I don't remember who Ophelia is but I'm pretty sure you can help her once you see her and you can test your problems and projects on Carter. I mean, he is in your class."

"No. That's pre-exposure to the lessons. Its not fair to the other kids."

"Well, you can come up with something later. How about I fix you something to eat and then you can take a nap?"

"Are you sure? The twins are teething and have been fussy lately and Carter, well you have him anyway."

"Yes I'm sure. Now what do you want to eat?"

"I dont know. Maybe a piece of last nights lasagna."

"Are you sure? I dont want to go downstairs, put it in the microwave, and bring it back up here just for you to say you don't want it."

"Val that happened once and yes I'm sure."

"Okay, I'll be back." I kissed her on the forehead and took her papers and put them on the top shelf of our closet where I knew she couldn't reach it

"That's not fair."

"I told you to relax and for the 5 minutes it would take for me to come back you'll be looking at those papers and giving yourself a migraine." I walked out and made my way down the hallway. I stopped at Carters room to see what he was up to since he couldn't do much considering his punishment.

"Hey kiddo, what are you up to?" I walked in on me laying on his bed flat on his back and staring at the ceiling.

"Trying to move the fan with my mind."

"Uh okay. Well, good luck on that. I'll be back later to see how far you've gotten." I walked away and made my way downstairs. I kind of felt bad for him. He couldn't go outside and couldn't watch TV so he was stuck in his room slowly losing his mind too. His punishment was only for a week and today is is last day. A couple days were added because my family was here and we couldn't just let him not be apart of family stuff.

When I came back with Chloe's food I found her trying to reach her papers. I couldn't help but laugh a little. My fiancé was really determined and really short

"I don't find anything funny." She said

"Sweetheart sit down. We both know you're not getting up there. Here, eat so you can go to sleep."