i'm prancing around the community centre, desperately looking for luke. i'm praying that i'll find the blond socializing with people, asking them to join extra curricular clubs or clean ups.

unfortunately, my prayers aren't answered.

"is luke here?" i ask desperately to a sweet looking girl with sickly pale skin.

"hemmings?" she raises a thin, obviously drawn on eyebrow.

"that's the one," i confirm, picking at the dead skin fraying around my fingernails.

"he didn't come in today," she replies. "he called in sick i believe."

"do you know where he lives?" i ask desperately, following the skinny girl.

"well, yes. i do. but i'm not going to give you his address, i doubt that he would appreciate that." the girl purses her lips, her stick-like hands on her bony hip. with that, she sashays away.

i groan and pull out my phone, opening up luke's messages. i text him for what feels like the millionth time but of course, i get no answer. i ring him number but i automatically get sent to voicemail.

"fuck," i groan, rubbing my temples.

i think about the possible places luke could be. the community centre is already checked off, and so is the starbucks that he is always getting his drinks from. i don't know any other destination luke could possibly be; other than his bed at his home.

i feel like giving up; just going home and crying. forgetting about luke and all this drama. but i know i can't, knowing that luke is so upset with me makes my stomach twist and churn. i can hardly prevent myself from barfing my lunch onto the pavement.

it's surprisingly how big of an impact he left on me under such a short amount of time.

i glance up and i catch sight of familiar bright blue eyes.

my heart skips a beat until i realize it's only louis.

then, my heart rate speeds up again. i realize that louis is heading to soccer practice; the practice that luke is the co-coach of. i speed after louis to the soccer field.

"what are you all happy about?" louis rolls his eyes, watching me grin like a fool.

i don't care enough to answer. instead, i push past him and race to the outdoor field. outside, i already see a huddle of boys running laps and calum yelling at them.

i almost trip over myself upon the sight of the glowing, god-like boy.

it takes me a moment to gather myself and i proceed forward to the bleachers. my eyes scan around the area for luke and there he is, at the very back. he's wearing a huge, oversized pale pink sweater with the hoodie covering his fluffy blond hair. his eyes are blotchy and red.

i crotch down and run up to him. i make sure he doesn't see me because i know for a fact that he'll leave the second his eyes meet mine. when i get close enough, i throw my arms around his shoulders and hold him tightly.

"i'm sorry," i whisper.

luke stiffens up. his jaw is clenched and he looks torn between two choices; to forgive me or to push me off.

"i'm sorry that i'm an antisocial freak and i never should've lied to you. i regret it, don't hate me please." i continue pleading.

luke's expression remains the more or less the same; perhaps his scowl isn't as prominent now.

"i'll never lie to you again, please stop ignoring me." i hug him even tighter.

luke shifts his shoulder slightly and opens his mouth to talk.

"don't yell at me, i'm sensitive!" i groan, squeezing him as tight as humanly possible.

luke looks miffed and for a split second, the tiniest smile rests on his pretty pink lips.

"i just want you to know that you've made my life so much better and happier. if you choose to walk out my life, i guess i'll have to deal with it but i really hope you decide not to." i blabber on, hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

i can't see luke's face anymore but i can hear him chuckle in that adorable, tired puppy way. when it's more like him blowing air out his nose with tiny little laughs in between.

"anything you want to say before i talk?" luke asks, his voice husky and calm.

"uh," i rack my brain for something else to say. "you smell good."

luke laughs again. he slowly peels my arms off his body and turns around to face me.

"i'll admit, i'm slightly upset that you've lied to me." luke begins.

flashbacks of luke screaming at my face, telling me to delete his number pop into my mind. i nod slowly. "slightly."

luke rolls his eyes, a grin still on his face. "i mean, i was completely furious when i first heard the news. i felt betrayed, stupid even. then i thought more about it and i realized that you probably meant no harm. after all the little dates we had, i noticed that you didn't have any bad intentions. you just had a bad start."

"i'm glad you understand," i relax slightly.

"but i'm still a little hurt," luke admits.

"i'll make it up to you," i prompt.

"how so?" luke looks up at me curiously.

"are you in the mood for ice cream?" i crack a silly grin at the blond boy.

"obviously."