I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know (51)

So... basically my friend told me the assignment I thought was due tomorrow wasn't, so Kay thought to herself "Now what should I be doing instead of that darn paper?"

So TADA!

It's short, but it's something :P

Hope you enjoy it! LOL

So read, enjoy, vote and comment!! :D

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I drove home, with a strange feeling. It wasn't happy because what Blake had shared with me was sad... I couldn't put a name to it, or a definition. It was just a bubbly feeling in my chest, one that seemed to fill all of it, take every empty place and more and made me feel... not special... but more?

I was happy to see that the lights were close when I got home.

I walked, almost skipped to the door, unlocked it and was really careful to not make too much noise.

But then as I walked pass the kitchen, I saw the light over the oven open and dad sitting at the counter with a cup of coffee in his hands and a bunch of files all around him.

"Care to say goodnight kid?" my dad asked, raising his head towards me.

Oh crap...

I didn't like the sound of his voice...

"What are you doing still up?" I asked, my voice still using the same tone it had in the cemetery...

"Looking over some bills for the company... and waiting for my daughter to come back from a boy's house..." he trailed, looking at me straight in the eyes.

He didn't look mad though... maybe amused... a little worried, but not mad... mostly emotionless. He was hiding what he really though, from me.

"Look dad..." Oh crap... how the hell was I supposed to explain this? "I'm sorry for coming home so late..."

"Are you?" he asked me.

What kind of question was that? He was making me nervous!

"Yes I am, I didn't want to worry you, seriously I would have come home earlier but I didn't know the time and Blake kinda needed to talk... and I needed to listen to him..."

"Should I be worried?"

"No! Not worry at all! Seriously dad! You don't have to worry about me and Blake! Like ever!"

"You sure?"

Okay seriously those little questions were making me edgy and worried now!

"Yes dad one hundred percent sure!"

"So I don't need to go through the sex talk again?"

OH GOD!

I think my eyeballs almost dropped out of their sockets.

And my dad started to laugh.

And I just let myself fall on a stool in front of the counter and dropped my head on my arms resting on the cold surface, pushing a few sheets away.

"Please dad, we REALLY don't need to go through this, TRUST me!" I whined.

"Kid you should see your face right now. It's moments like these we need to take pictures and put it in the family album" he laughed more and patted my head.

"Not funny dad..."

"No, true it's not funny!" he said and composed himself "And I'm serious here kid. I don't want to have to worry every time you leave the house to go see your little After School Special-"