Chapter Thirteen

Before you knew it, day had turned into night and it was completely black outside of the police station the BAU was canvassing in. Spencer could tell that you were mentally exhausted and at some point brought up coffee to you, which sounded incredible.

"Maybe we should make a coffee run...?" You asked tentatively, hoping Spencer would agree with you.

"I would offer to go by myself, but I don't have a car... Unless you want to entrust me with one of the shiny SUVs," you continued.

Spencer grinned at you. "I'm probably not the person that you should be asking for permission to use the SUV. How about I drive and we go together?"

You nodded vigorously in agreement and Spencer motioned for you to exit the police station with him. You climbed into the passenger seat as he started the car and leaned your head back against the headrest, letting out a small sigh.

"It can get...intense, sometimes" Spencer said in response to your sigh. You agreed quietly, and suddenly found yourself wanting to say more to the man sitting beside you.

"The end of this case can't come soon enough. But at the same time, I feel scared of what will come after your team leaves and-and I leave. I'm not sure how to be normal again after not even being me for a year..." you trailed off in thought, afraid to scare Spencer off by revealing too many of your feelings.

Spencer remained silent for a minute before responding to you. You appreciated that he didn't just want the conversation to be over; he wanted to have a meaningful discussion with you.

"Where did you live before going undercover?" Reid asked with concern.

"I lived in a little townhouse in Arlington. Complete with a coffee shop open late within walking distance." You added, remembering with happiness the place you had called home. What was it like to have a place of your own? You tried to remember the feeling you had after coming home from a day at the Bureau to your own bed, in your own room, in your own house. Not having to take on a different persona, just being you. You missed that more than words could convey.

Reid seemed to sense your longing. "With that being the case, I suppose that you should stay in or around Arlington until you find another place to rent. It's best for a person to have familiarity in their lives when trying to re-assimilate into a normal routine."

You sighed. "I definitely wouldn't mind being in Arlington or DC right now."

Reid fell silent once again, keeping his eyes on the road ahead. After a few minutes, he cleared his throat and hesitantly started speaking.

"This may be er- rash... but if you need a place to stay, you are welcome to stay with me. Hotchner will insist that you fly home with us to Quantico and I... I live in DC." Reid trailed off, hoping that you would say something.

You turned to face him in your seat, taken back by his genuine kindness towards you.

"I already intruded on you one night..." You said with a tinge of embarrassment. You were both a bit awkward, but in a way, it was comforting to know that you weren't the only one in a job like this that was.

You continued looking at Reid as a slight smile came over his features.

"I didn't think of it as much of an intrusion. I really wouldn't mind your company... if...you don't mind my company."

You imagined that Reid's cheeks were becoming rosy even though you couldn't make out their color in the dim interior of the car.

"I would be so grateful..." you said earnestly, but still timidly. At that moment, Reid turned on the SUV's blinker to indicate left and turn into a cafe open late. He smiled as he put the car into park and unbuckled his seatbelt. You hopped out of the car and walked to meet him at the door, staying close to his side as you walked in together, both of your features lightened with grins.

***
Hey everyone! I hope your week has been great and that you enjoy this update. Stay tuned for more soon :)