A Breath Taking Kiss

When my eyes opened, I found myself in a vast, open, barren place

When my eyes opened, I found myself in a vast, open, barren place. Just the luminance of the colour white blinded me, until my pupils adjusted to it. Everything was pale and lifeless, including me. I noticed that I was neither breathing nor feeling any heat or cold. Not even hunger or thirst was felt by me. But I felt both our cores in each of my hand held tightly. Now when I looked around I didn't even see a horizon.

That led me to believe this place was completely flat and as such my line of sight would be infinite depending on visibility. I looked all around in every direction to look for Paviraa but she was nowhere to be seen. She was wearing a white outfit when she came into my soul.

That white dress which looked so beautiful on her would make it so much more difficult for her to be seen. There was nothing left for me to do but to walk around looking for her. I took white pebbles from the ground and stacked them one on top of the other. These stacked stones would be my markers to avoid myself from walking in circles. I began to walk and funnily enough I didn't feel any fatigue.

I continued to walk, while the sound of the dry white mud crumbling under my feet kept me company. It must have been hours since I began walking, when I noticed a brown discoloration on the landscape. As I began to walk towards it, the dot began to move. On a closer inspection I observed that the brown dot was her lush brown hair bobbing and moving slowly towards me. I walked towards her at a brisk pace and once again it happened. Even from a distance, she looked divine, an ethereal beauty with no comparison. The slow movements of her hair swinging while she was running hypnotised me and I stopped in my tracks.

Every time I saw her, I had the same reaction. I stood there dumbfounded by her beauty. Time slowed down, my heart ceased to beat and again I was at the mercy of her eyes, those infinitely deep eyes. I understood what the phrase 'going weak in the knees' meant. I stood there basking in the aura of her gracefulness.

She kept running till she was a few feet from me. She stopped and looked at me. I lowered my hood to show her who I was.

She looked at me and said, "You? Why are you here?"

I said it with a smile, "Why else? I came for you."

She stood there for a second looking at me with those big brown eyes as tears welled up in them. She hesitated for a second before running towards me again. She hugged me really tight.

"You're late," she said with a broken voice.

All this time I was missing her and now she was in my arms. I held on to her very tightly as if I never wanted to let go. It felt like an eternity and I wanted that moment to never end. But it had to, I had to bring her back.

"Let's get out of this place," I said.

"How can we? I will need something for that which I don't have right now," she replied.

"You mean this?" I asked holding her core outstretched.

"How do you have this? Did you take it? Give it back to me!" she said confused.