Half Of You

(requested)
You ducked and dogged another of Alec's blows, grabbing his paring stick and pushing yourself up, your knee collided with his face and he grunted as you weight pulled him backwards.
"Alright you win this one." He chuckled, pushing you off him so he could stand.
"Next time I'll let you win." You laugh making him roll his eyes as you playfully accepted Jace's attempt to engage you in training.
"Hey, how do you know I don't let you win?" Alec huffed making the both of you laugh and stop fighting.
"Because I can barely beat (Y/N) and I'm the best." Jace chuckled out.
"Don't tire yourself out too much we have a mission later." Alec grumbled and left the two of you to train.

You stepped out of the shower, the warm water leaving you relaxed and ready to go on the mission with the others. The faint ache in your shoulder blade had you hurrying to clear the steam off your bathroom mirror and your eyes widened as the glamor you always had carefully wrapped around yourself began to wobble and fade away.
"No, no, no!" You yelped as the familiar feel of feathers on skin brushed against you. "Concentrate (Y/N), just put the glamour up."
You closed your eyes, the pain and exhaustion of using such a powerful glamor spell and not a rune had your head spinning and your eyes watering. When you looked back into the mirror the glamor was working but Alec was stood in the doorway, bow raised and an empty look on his face.
"Alec I can explain." You said quickly attempting to approach him but he flinched away from you.
"Get out." He croaked. "Go and I won't tell anyone."
"But... I'm still a..." You started to object.
"You're not a Shadowhunter, look at you... you're not normal you need to leave." He swallowed and stepped out of your way. "Please go before someone else finds out."

There was no point in hiding anymore, you skulked among the Downworlders all of whom stayed away from you, any Shadowhunter activity was blamed on you. You'd never felt so out of place, you wanted to belong in either world but you didn't.
"(Y/N)?" Izzy's happy voice called out and you jumped up, hurrying to the rooftop of the nearest building only to collide with Jace.
"Alec's an idiot." Jace stated as he herded you towards Izzy.
"We already knew about this, Magnus told our parents when you first arrived at the Institute that you were special." Izzy promised, not even looking at the mass of dark black feathers that protruded from your shoulders.
"But Alec..." You muttered.
"Is an idiot, I thought we already cleared that up." Jace chuckled.
"You know he started sleeping in your room when you didn't come back and he's got like half the institute looking for you." Izzy said with a weak smile.
"What're the Clave going to do to me when I go back?" You whimpered and sunk to your knees.
"Nothing." The deep voice came from behind you. "I won't let them do anything to you."
Izzy and Jace mumbled that they'd wait in the ally below you and left you alone with Alec. His eyes wondered over the wingspan behind you, he reached his fingertips to you, almost childishly as if he wanted to fist his hands into the feathers and test if they were really there.
"You told me to leave." You snapped, making him take a weary step back when your wings twitched irritably.
"In my defence I'd walked in on my best friend doing magic to cover up their set of giant wings." He smiled at you. "It's a little surprising."
"I wish it was something else... the wings I mean; some people have horns or like magic colour changing hair or... awesome looking magic." Your babbling stopped when Alec grinned and hugged you.
"Sorry." He mumbled when he stepped on the ends of your wings. "I think it's cute, the little Nephilim with wings."
"Even my magic's boring it just looks like the airs super-hot." You complained.
"Well that's because half of you is boring and the other half's pretty magical." He shook his head when you laughed and caught the back of your head in his hands.
He kissed you a little suddenly, the both of you freezing before he continued. When he pulled away he let out a breath as if he'd been nervously holding it in.
"Just remember half of you is plain old ordinary Shadowhunter just like me." He muttered, stopping your hands from touching your back and hiding your wings with a glamor.