The One With the Additional Details

Before I start the story I want to explain a few of the details.

*The era of Camelot happened during the 7th century or year 600 something.

*In this story Merlin looks to be 26 years old because that is how old he is at the end of season 5, according to my calculations.

*Every season last for one year, give or take a few months. Between season 2 and 3 there has been a year when Morgana was lost, there also was a year between season 3 and 4 when Uther was ill. And between season 4 and 5 it was three years. So all seasons make five years and all the gaps make five years, and sum total is ten years altogether. Merlin is 26 when Arthur dies and Arthur is 30.

*The whole Merlin show takes place during ten years from the beginning of season 1 to the end of season 5. In the intro they call Merlin a boy, until season 4 when they change it to man. In that time you become a man when you turn 21 which Arthur does in Season 1. So Merlin is 16 when he comes to Camelot and Arthur is 20. You know that Arthur is 20 because the Purge ended 20 years ago and Arthur's birth was what started it, but he doesn't turn 21 until a few episodes into the first series.

So, I have come up with my own timeline that will correspond with the facts that is known from the show.

*According to the show, Arthur's birthday takes place sometime between Samhain and the festival of Ostara (Which is in April).

*They used the Julian calendar back then instead of today's Gregorian calendar. In the Julian calendar, New Years Eve is on December 24th and the first day of the year is on December 25th. A few centuries before the 7th century, December 25th was also the Winter Solstice. That day did occur sooner and sooner as the centuries went on but in this story, the Winter Solstice is still on December 25th, which makes the Summer Solstice on June 25th.

*Merlin is sixteen at the start of Season 1 and Arthur is twenty, so Arthur is four years older.

*I decided to put Arthur's birthday on December 25th, because that way he was born on a new year, which according to my timeline is 656. I then decided to put Merlin's birthday on June 25th, 660, four and a half year after Arthur's; that way their birthdays correlate with the whole, two sides of the same coin, thing.

* The Purge started on Arthur's birthday, which is December 25th, 656. It ended in September the same year, because I want the first season to start in September 676, twenty years after the end of the Purge.

*Merlin's father, Balinor, was summoned at the end of the purge which was after nine months from Arthur's birth, or three years and nine months before Merlin's birth. Hunith was pregnant for 9 months, so Balinor could easily have stayed in Ealdor for three years before he had to leave.

*I put Morgana's birthday on August 10th, 655, four months before Arthur's because I want her to be older than him. Otherwise she wouldn't have a real reason for believing she was the real heir to the throne.

* So, sum total, Arthur's birthday is December 25th, 656. Merlin's is June 25th, 660. Morgana's is August 10th, 655. The purge started December 25th, 656 and ended September, 656.

*The first season starts September, 676. The second season starts in early autumn, 677. The third season starts in the spring of 679, one year after season 2 ended. The fourth season begins at Samhain, 681, a little more than a year after the end of season 3. The fifth season starts in the autumn of 685, three years after the end of season 4, and ends sometime in the late spring or early summer of 686, ten years after the first season began.

*When it comes to Merlin's looks. I try to explain it in Chapter 1 but to make it easier. He is build like in season 5, which means more buff and less lanky. His hair and stubble is like Colin Morgan's in some pictures from the TOY premiere, they way it is ruffled and goes down a bit over his ears.

I hope that clarifies it a bit.