{Chapter 5}

My Possessive Vampire Boss
_______

_Chapter 5_

"Mr. Black, you can not buy this place, just because you want me to work for you" I tell him. This man is a mystery to me, and I can't figure it out. One minute he is all bossy and somewhat cruel, then the next he's buying the library. It's weird, even for him. I can tell that he wants something from me, only I have no idea what it is. "From where I stand, I can do what I want. Oh, and don't even think of quitting. I have seen first-hand how much you admire this humble place" He explains to me.

Humble? I have no idea what that words means, but judging by his tone I think it's not a good word. "I won't work here, not if Liam White isn't working with me" I tell him, sort of challenging him. He doesn't like this. Liam is my friend, and hopefully something more. I kind of enjoy having him around me, even if we've only known each other for a few days. "If I allow Mr. White to come back, you will stay and work for me?" He tries to bargain. Why does he want me to work for him so badly that he is willing to do anything to get me to work for him? I don't get this and I'm not sure if I will ever understand it.

"Yes" I tell him. I'm not exactly happy with him now and my tone says it all. This man makes me mad, and I don't like it. He leans closer to my body, until he is so close to my face that I can feel his hot breath on my face. His mint breath mixes with the sweet scent of his cologne. My heart skips a beat, and with him so close to me, blood rushes up to my cheeks and creates warmth on my face."You're particularly stubborn, aren't you, little girl?" He whispers in my ear, a shiver runs down my spine as his deep husky voice whispers to me. "From what I've been told, I am a lot more stubborn than you think. Might even be more than you are" I whisper back to him, smirking. He started it.

He moves a bit away from my face. We share a brief eye-contact. His eyes stare into mine as they are the sunrise, and he is a man who's seeing the sunrise for the first time. "Such big attitude for such an innocent little girl" He says, and now it's his turn to smirk. "I'll show you what kind of attitude I have. And, FYI do not call me little girl" I tell him, his smirk falls right off his face. "If my memory doesn't fail me, I remember that you would tell me why you so desperately want me to work for you, if I work for you I would be told. The last time I checked, you own the place I work at. Leaving you my boss. So tell me" I demand. My curiosity is growing by the passing minute.

His face drops. Obviously, he wasn't expecting me to remember that those were the words that he said to me. "My word stands. From the moment we met, you've invaded my mind. All I can think of is you, if you're well and safe and protected. I can not stand being separated from you, and I certainly can't leave you alone with all these other guys around you" He confesses. He talks as if we know each other, when in reality we only met few days ago. "What does that even mean?" I ask him with a questionable look on my face.

I'm not sure that I understand what he is trying to confess to me. "Miss Summers, I have no idea. However, I'm going to figure it out. While that happen, you need to be close to me. You need protection that only I can provide" He says with a stern and serious voice. "Well, Mr. Black I don't want you to be close to me, I don't need protection, especially from you" I say, perhaps I was a little too harsh. It's not my fault that he is talking nonsense. I don't know what his problem is, but he got to man up and fix it.

"I didn't ask you what you thought of this" He says raising his voice. One part of me is somehow not afraid of this man, but another is terrified and tells me to run as fast as I can in the other direction and hide. "Well, Mr. Black I need to go to work, if you would be so kind to leave the library and allow me to work, that would make me very happy" I tell him, trying to avoid arguing with him. An argument will only make him angry. He looks like a scary dude when he's angry. "Very well, Miss Summers. The lady commands me to leave, and the lady gets what the lady wants" He tells me and leaves without giving me time to process everything he just said. I shake my head and walk to the library, and start working. This man is strange, perhaps too strange for my liking, and he talks funny.