Chapter 18 ~ Brightest Star, Darkest Night

As we made our way thru the forest. I had a gut feeling someone was following us, I could hear twigs snapping and saw a shadow at the corner of my eye. Was it Rose? There's a high chance that she's following us. I brushed it off as I followed Leo.

We then arrived at the Hill of the Stars, the sun was setting and everything glowed burnt orange.

The sunset here is something I'll always remember for the rest of my life. We went to our usual rock and sat there. I put my head on his shoulders and our fingers intertwined, we sat quietly and stared at the beautiful sunset.

"I wish this moment could last forever", I subconsciously whisper.

"We can watch this sunset together, every day for the rest of our lives.", Leo whispers to me.

"You'd come with me here every day? Wouldn't that be a pain?", I ask

"This sunset is something that we share together Josh when you're beside me, everything is perfect. I would bring you here every day for the rest of our lives just to see that smile on your face", he blushes

"You really know how to make me smile Leo. You know exactly what to say to me", I smile

"I'm really sorry about Rose, her coming here was kinda sudden, she's hard to handle but she's all alone, she has her mom but they both don't see eye to eye", he explains.

"I guess it's fine, you're trying to help your friend. I'm sorry but I can't seem to trust her", I say to him.

"Yeah, she made a terrible first impression. I've known her all my life, she really isn't that bad", he says.

"She's evil towards me cause I have her man, it's clear she wants you back Leo", I say to him.

"I'm aware of that but I have no intention of ever leaving you. My mind, my body, my soul, and most importantly my heart belong to you Josh Trainor that will never change. We're gonna grow old together, adopt a million pets, we're gonna get married, maybe have a child one day, we'll get Alzheimer's and forget each other and fall in love all over again.", he says to me while staring into my eyes.

His stare was so intense, I could tell he really meant that from the bottom of his heart. What he just said was so genuine and perfect. I then leaped up and kissed him.

"Our future is set in stone my prince.", I whisper

"Yes we'll have that future one day and all this Rose drama would seem so petty when we're hand in hand forever.", he said to me

"It's time", I say to him.

"Indeed it is", he says

I put my head on his shoulder and we both stare at the twinkling stars in silence. Our silence spoke a million words to each other.

"My king. Would you like to dance?", he says to me.

"There's no music playing my prince", I say to him

"Then let's make some", he smiles while getting up

"Eh?", I ask

"We were both young when I first saw you, I close my eyes, and the flashback starts. I'm standing there..", he stops and looks at me.

"On a balcony and summer air. See the lights See the party the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say hello..", I continued.

"Love Story by Taylor Swift, your favorite song. Now we have music. Take my hand", he says as he bows.

I then took his hand as he pulls me closer, his hand in mine, his other hand on my waist as he continued singing. We both danced under the stars. I don't want this night to be over. We sway side to side and he hits every note, his eyes don't leave mine. He sang and smile and twirled me into his arms.

"It's a Love Story baby just say..", he stops and looks at me.

"Yes", I continue while kissing him.

"As much as I don't want this night to end, we should get going now, we'll make dinner, then cuddle up and watch a movie until we fall asleep together?", he says.

"Just when I thought this night couldn't possibly get any better than this. You always shock me Leo Atlas", I blush.

"You're my king, you deserve everything", he smiles.

As we headed out of the forest I had a big goofy smile on my face, this was one of the happiest nights of my life. We both then headed to my apartment.

"Go, shower babe. I'll pick some clothes up at my apartment and come back. I'll check up on Rose and ill head back up. Be back in 10 minutes", he says as he kisses me on the forehead.

He slowly backed away but held my hand, he didn't want to let go of it, every step backward pulled me forward.

"I don't wanna let go", he says

"Neither do I", I respond

We both stood there for three minutes staring at each other until I finally let go. He slowly backed away with a big smile on his face.

I then took a quick shower cause I craved him dearly. I just wanted to see him, even though I saw him a few moments ago, I craved him so badly. I finished showering and headed outside wearing just my boxers.

7:42 PM

I sat on the couch and waited for Leo. 5 minutes turned into 10, 10 minutes turned into 20 then 20 minutes turned into half an hour. I decided to go to Leo's apartment. I put a T-Shirt on and headed downstairs. I knocked on his door but no one came out. I knock again but no one came. I slowly turned the doorknob and entered his apartment. I got the impression that no one was home. All the lights were dimmed and the room was dead silent. On the floor, I noticed little droplets or blood. I hurried to his bedroom to find a trail of blood leading into the bathroom. I gulped as I slowly entered opening the bathroom door. The trail of blood led to his bathtub. I peered into his bathtub to see it was filled with blood. Swallowing my fear I felt around the water to see if I felt something ... or someone .... but there was nothing in there.

I searched endlessly throughout the apartment for Leo, I then saw his cellphone on the floor of the kitchen. I picked his cellphone up, my legs started shaking as I saw a puddle of blood on the kitchen floor .... Holding my breath I then heard someone behind me ... I turn around slowly, it was Christian.