CHAPTER SIX

Mark walked out of a patient's room, rode the elevator to the floor Lexie was on, and walked into Lena's room and saw that there was no Lexie.

"She went to check on a patient." Lena said.

Mark hurried through the halls, looking in patient's rooms as he went. No Lexie. He reached the janitor's closet and heard faint cries. He slowly opened the door to see a small brunette sitting with her back turned.

"Lexie." He thought.

Mark came closer and sat down beside her.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Lucy died. I went to check on her and she was.. dead.." Lexie said, sniffling.

"It's okay, Lex." Mark said.

He placed his hand on hers and Lexie felt electricity run throughout her body. As Lexie's eyes were locked to Mark's, Mark moved in closer.

Lexie was sure her heart had never pounded faster in all of her life. She wanted to know everything about Mark. More than that, she wanted his lips on hers. Mark's lips met Lexie's just as the two became impatient. The warmth of his mouth sent a current running past her spine. She laid her arms on his neck and breathed in him.

"Peppermint." She thought.

It was clear that neither of the two wanted the kiss to end. Lexie's pager went off, interrupting the kiss.

Lexie removed her arms from his neck and stood up.

"I can see why they call you mcsteamy." Lexie said, grinning.