Chapter 3: Octavius

We were close to Westside territory.

Alpha Xzavier called for a pack meeting to discuss our treaty.
A treaty in which he wanted. His pack was large but mine was larger.

My wolf and I along with my Beta and his mate were just entered the territory screams flooded my ears. There were rogues attacking women and children and taking supplies out of houses. Xzavier s men were fighting majority of them off but not enough.

'Sage go home wait for Daniel and I there'
I mind linked Daniels mate.

'But alpha we-'

'Now!'
I ordered. If I wasn't about to put Sage in danger not if I can help it.

'Take action only if attacked'
I ordered then took off.
Just when I was close to Xzavier who was now fighting off rogues in front of his pack house. The most amazing smell hit me causing me to stop dead in my tracks. A combination of honeysuckles and cherry.

Mate
my wolf Rorin jumped with joy.
That's not possible. I've actually looked for my mate. I couldn't find her so I decided to lead the pack myself and I've been doing good so far. I didn't thing I had a mate.

"Let me go!"
Someone shouted.
Bringing me back.
I looked around. I couldn't find the source.

Just when the voice screamed out, I was tackled to the ground by some mutt.
I didn't know where that voice was coming from but I needed to find it. Along with that smell.

Once I knocked the wolf off, I let Rorin take charge. Just as I did, he took off running in the direction of the woods.
The scream got louder and louder as we got closer.

What we saw even made me see red.
A man on top of our Mate forcing himself on her.
'Kill the bastard'
I told Rorin

It took no time to get him off her and rip his head off. Rorin was still ripping pieces.
When I felt eyes on us. I knew it was her, and I could smell her fear. I could hear her rapid heartbeat. Rorin and I wanted to comfort her. Rorin sniffed the man and then turned slightly.
The mans scent was on her but his scent wasn't mixed with hers

'Thank god'
I felt relieved.

'We weren't late'
Rorin was as relieved as I was.
Just as he turned to face her that when she fell to the ground.

I quickly took control and went to her. He was gorgeous. Her brown hair, her pale skin. If only I could see her eyes.

'We need the doctor make sure mate is ok'
Rorin spoke. As if, I didn't already know that.

'Daniel bring me cloths'
I mind linked him. As I knelt down beside her. Her heart rate has calmed down but not much. She was terrified. Maybe that's why she passed out.

In minutes, he arrived with a pair of short in his mouth he stopped and looked from me to my mate as I grabbed the short.
A I let out a warning growl as I stepped in front of him. Rorin nor I wanted him looking at our mate.

'Who is she'
Daniel asked as I picked her up bridle style.

She was so light, and I noticed the shape of her jawline the forming of a bruise along her cheek. I needed to get her checked for Rorin's sake. I was angry again at the thought of someone laying a hand on our mate.
I needed to get her home.

"My Mate" I told him then took off walking towards Nightshade territory.

Daniel kept asking question ones I didn't know the answer to. After figuring out I wasn't answering him and after cutting him off we walked in silence.
Our Mate still hasn't woken up which worried Rorin and I more.

Yes, I was worried.

'Rick clear a room I'm on my way its important'
Rick was the pack doctor a damn fine one at that.

He replied "yes Alpha"
Just as I came into the territory.

As I walked by I heard the murmurs the to curious murmurs

"Who is that?"
"Who is the Alpha carrying?"
"What Happened?"

They were all the same as we passed more pack members. All looking curiously at the unconscious woman in my arms.

We entered the Pack hospital, which was close to the pack house and the rest of the homes.

Rick was already waiting on us with worry. Once he seen whom I was carrying it turned to confusion.

"This way"
He showed us to the room and directed to put her on the bed. Up to Rorin's objections he would very much her be in our arms.

I told him everything when I found her especially her assault.
He looked shocked but relaxed once I continued.

As I was busy pacing the floor. He looked at her. At one point, he requested me leave the room but that ended with me having a handful of his shirt in my hand with him against a wall.

"Everything seems normal. Heart rate. Blood pressure. No fever. It's all normal. You said she passed out so I say with everything you told me with her rapid heart rate that was what caused it"

I stopped pacing and went to stand beside the bed.
"She's been out for a while. Is it normal?"

It's been minutes since she passed out and just the walk from West side territory was a long walk in human form. But not as long in wolf form but I was carrying my unconscious mate so I walked.

"I'm not sure. But I'm going to let you sit here and I'll be back to check on her later after I run some tests just too make sure."
I gave him a nod as he left the room.

'Mate Ok! Now to kiss her and hug her!'
I could feel him jumping with joy.

'Calm down!'
Yeah she was ok. Now I just wish for her to wake up.

It's been hours since she so much has turned and still no signs of Rick.
I sat in the chair just half asleep when I heard the monitor go off.
I jumped to my feet ready for whatever there was but then I remembered I was at the hospital.

I turned to see my Mate, wide awake with her brown eyes staring at me. When I took a step toward her. That's when hell broke loose.