Chapter 6: Octavius

She was scared of me. The way she acted proved it. I heard it as she spoke. I could even smell it on her.

'Something bad happened to mate...'
Rorin spoke. With the way she acted when Rick and the nurses came in I wouldn't doubt it. I have once went back in there to have her even more upset.

I was currently outside of her room sitting in the chair. When my mom walked in with a tray of stew. I watched through the blinds as my mother attempted to talk to her. Still nothing worked. Not even when my mother left the room she didn't even try to eat.

"Poor child. She even moved away from me. Are you sure you don't want to try again?"
She placed her hand on my shoulder as I watched my mate sitting there.

"Yeah you didn't see her face I literally smelt the fear on her. Not just me even when Rick and his nurses went in. She was terrified"
My mother looked from me to my mate.
I didn't understand. Why was she so terrified?
I walked out needing to go for a run and then come back later.
I will never get that look out lf y head. The look of someone who is so terrified their eyes change. The looks of my mate being scared of me.

I didn't know how long I've been running but I needed shower and get back to the pack hospital.
As I walked through the doors to where she was being held and I stopped just when I seen my father grab a needle from Rick

"What the hell are you doing?"
I asked causing them to stop and turn.

"it will only make her sleep and relax. Unless you want her to be distressed?"
My mother said. I didn't want them to inject her with anything.

'No"
That caused them to exchange looks.
That's when Rick spoke.

"She still hasn't ate it's been hours. Octavius this might help so we can talk to her"
I looked from them to the door.

'Rorin?'
He's been quiet majority of the day I could tell he wasn't happy with it.

'If it will make her relax a bit'

I turned and gave the ok.

It was me, my parents and a nurse going in. It's going to take two to hold her and one to give her the injection I'm to make sure they won't hurt her.

I was concerned about this really. But she needed to be talked to. And relaxed. Not in a constant uncomfortable state.

So I agreed to it and then I would talk to her.
So we walked in. My parents and I plus a nurse that was in the pack.

Once she noticed we were there I could sense her sudden change. She was uncomfortable.

"It's ok we're not going to hurt you. Just check on you"
The nurse said as she slowly took a step forward with my mother behind her.

She stood up I her eyes looked them over. I didn't want her to start panicking.
"It's ok you can trust us"
I told her. As I stayed where I was. She seemed to relax a little but then went back to being uncomfortable.

'Now'
I told them through our mind link.
Both women grabbed her followed by my father injecting her with the serum. It's made for wolves. It helps them relax more. But it can feel like a tranquilizer. Just a little dose can knock out a horse.

"This will help you relax"
The nurse said.
Then my mate went to move but lost her footing. I was there before she hit the ground.
She was out of it now.

"I'm sorry"
I told her as placed her in the bed. While the nurse started an iv and a monitor.

I refused to leave the room even after my parents asked me to.
Looking at her now. I gave up a search for a mate. Then by chance I found her in the woods.

She's broken I can tell. The looks she gave Rick and his nurses. When she looked at my mother even now when she looked at them and when she looked at me.
I wasn't going to accept a mate. Since I've been doing fine on my own. But that all changed when I found her in the woods. And its still the same as I'm looking at her now. I wanted to heal her. I wanted to help her and I wanted to kill the bastards that ever hurt her.

It was morning now and the sedative was still working.
She looked so peaceful.
My placed my hand on hers and stoked my thumb over her palm.
Her heart began to race and I couldn't help but think if it was the touch or a nightmare.

"It's ok"
I told her and began to whisper sweet nothings into her ear.
The way her heart beat picked up made me smile. She was scared I could smell it which made me smile more.

'She'll be fine right'
Rorin asked.
I didn't give him an answer since I didn't know.

A loud beeping sound woke me from my sleep and that was only then I was scared something happened to her. I jumped up out of my chair.... Again.
Only to find she wasn't in the bed. Instead she stooped and looked at me then made a run for the door.

'This all feels like day ja vu'
Rorin told me which he was right.

'No kidding'

I placed my hand on the door and held it in place.
"No running you not leaving until we get information"
I told her. Not that I was going to let her leave anyway but that's not the point.

After minutes of trying talking to her. She finally gave in and played on the bed. What was her deal?
She wouldn't even eat and I could tell she was hungry.
If only I could read her thoughts.

Her back was towards me once Rick came in and she tensed up.
"I think we should contact some packs to see if they know anything about her"

That was when I noticed everything in her change. I didn't know what it was but she was really really tense right now.
Maybe a pack has something to do with her and how scared she's been.

"I'll start with Xavier since it was his territory"
I was going to get answers on why my mate has been distressed.

I looked at her now. It has something to do with a pack and I had a feeling we're going to find out. I was just about to leave when I noticed she was crying.

So I did something that would make her scared or even freaked out maybe. I got up beside her and hugged her. No sooner than I did she freaked out.
That was when Rick left.
How does one handle a distressed female?