Chapter 7: Lilian

I had no idea what made him lay beside me and hug me though it felt nice and I immediately relaxed.
And that's what freaked me out.

"Don't, please"
I said getting up. Bringing my arms up around me. He sat on the bed and just looked at me. ''What happened? Why won't you let anyone near you? Or-''

''Bad things happen when I get touched bad things happen with- why do you smell good?'' It wasn't just to change the subject it was seriously out of curiosity, plus I wanted to know. He looked around and rubbed his neck then smiled at me.

''Everyone has a certain smell to them, and to certain people that one smell is quite satisfying...'' Not that his smell satisfies me it just smells too good.

''And the touch thing, just now what I felt that-''

''Was relaxing wasn't it. Calming, soothing...'' He paused for a moment and just watched me. That's exactly what I felt and I didn't understand why. Not even a clue. He was standing now he had his hands in his pockets and he was as if he was waiting on a response.

''I don't.... Who are you Alpha?'' I needed to know I can't just keep calling him Alpha. He smiled at my question. He took a couple steps each step he took I took back. ''I am Octavius Black just Octavius you do not have to call me Alpha'' I couldn't do that. I only called Alpha Xzavier by his normal name without his title once and I regretted it. He found it disrespectful and disrespect was beyond tolerated.

'' You know my name but I do not know yours'' this time he looked at me with those eyes and I automatically stopped. In them were calmness, peacefulness just plain softness this look was foreign. He stopped when he was arm's length away not taking a step further which I was comfortable with.

''Lilian... Lilian Gray'' He held out his hand and I don't know why I flinched I guess I was expecting something. What I don't know.

''Nice to meet you Lily'' he said as I cautiously took his hand. There was that feel good feeling again. He smiled and released my hand and went back to the chair ''Eat, please if you don't my mom will just bring something else'' I took small steps and sat on the bed as he handed the bowl of stew. It was good what little I ate of it I wanted to finish it but I was afraid I would throw up.

''I have to ask you some question and one is very important ok?'' He asked resting his elbows on his knees and leaned forward. So I nodded.

''What pack are you from? Why are you scared of us when we come near you? And will you join my pack?'' I didn't want to answer him.

''I- I can't say and Yes, I don't want to go back. Will you hurt me?'' I asked more scared of their answer. But if there was a chance of keeping me away from my pack then i would take it. His face hardened at my answer I wanted to apologize. I was about to when His response took me off guard.

'' Why can't you stay? Lily why would I hurt you I would never do that. I couldn't'' He sat just in front me. I scooted back just for good measures. His face was still hard, and a bit angry that was for sure.

'' Because I don't want to go back please don't send me back I can't I'd rather-''

''Stop I'm not sending you anywhere ok I promise, come on'' He got up and reached his hand out to me. I moved farther away and shook my head ''Its ok, we're going on a walk, then to the pack house. I already mind linked my Betas mate to get your room ready I'm not going to do anything'' Everything in me was screaming. So I gave in.

It wasn't a long walk. Octavius explained the pack grounds and as we passed everyone greeted and slightly bowed their heads ''after noon Alpha'' then they went back to what they were doing it was his response that took me off guard ''Afternoon Charlie, Michael'' he greeted. He called them by their first name receiving smiles.

I kept silent the whole walk. I still held his hand, the feeling was comfortable and the more he kept talking the more I felt safer through his touch. As we neared the Pack house is what big, the outer part of it was a light brown and it had big brown adjoining doors. It looked like any other pack house but the colors and layout was different. Before we even got to the door it flew open with a lady about my age with blonde hair and blue eyes running out and practically tackled me to the ground.
I caught my breath and kept taking deep breaths. Octavius squeezed me hand and I held on to it for dear life.

''Oh my gosh Daniel told me you found your-''

''Sage give her some space, she's well she's adjusting'' He and sage seemed to have a silent conversation between themselves her smile only got bigger.

''That's fine I can keep it to myself but me and.... Lilian is it.. We are going upstairs'' she grabbed my hand and began pulling me through the door.

''I- I- Octavius??'' I looked back at him but he was close by still holding my hand. I came to the decision to trust him. I mean I dont feel like I can't trust him in fact I feel like I can.

''I'm right here, love'' We stopped at a tan door and the blonde women who he called Sage looked like she couldn't contain herself.

'' I have paper work to finish and I'll come and find you ok, until then stay with Sage'' He said to me not even paying attention to Sage. He looked at her and nodded then gave me a small smile before walking off down the stairs.

Let me get through this.